Andhra Pradesh has taken the PM-Kisan Samman Nidhi portal a notch above by merging it with its own Annadata Sukhibhava Scheme :
• The state government now promises Rs. 10,000 per annul to all farmers in the state, irrespective of the size of their land holding. The Annadata Sukhibhava, an investment support scheme, promises direct benefit transfer of Rs. 10,000 to all farmers in Andhra Pradesh. The benefits will be sent in two tranches of Rs. 5,000 before the Kharif and Rabi crop cycle begins.
• The scheme is expected to benefit around 70 lakh farmers in the state.
• Apart from the marginalised farmers covered under the PM-Kisan scheme, the Annadata Sukhibhava scheme will also cover the tenant farmers. These farmers will be given ‘Cultivation Certificates’ and ‘Loan . Eligibility Certificates’ which will help them avail the benefits of this scheme.
• All those farmers who are eligible for Rs. 6,000 per household under the Pradhan Mantri Kisan Sarnman Nidhi will receive Rs. 4,000 from the Andhra Pradesh Government. Government of Andhra Pradesh merged Anna-datha Sukhibhava scheme with PM-KISAN, under which the Centre will give Rs. 6,000 and AP Government will give Rs. 4,000 more.
• About 54 Lakh farmers will benefit from this.
• For beneficiaries of the PM-Kisan scheme, the Centre will release the first tranche of Rs. 2,000 in February, 2019 and Andhra Pradesh state government will add Rs. 3,000 to it.
• These funds are supposed to help small and marginalised farmers with the preparations for Kharif crops. Although the Kharif season begins around July in Andhra Pradesh, the state government will disburse benefits under Annadata Sukhibhava scheme much in advance so that the Rs. 2,000 under the PM-Kisan scheme do not go to waste.
• The entire scheme will cost the Andhra Pradesh government Rs. 5,000 crore every year.