The national park is an area that is strictly reserved for the betterment of wildlife & biodiversity. In this are activities like developmental, forestry, hunting and grazing on cultivation are not allowed. Nobody will destroy, exploit any wildlife from a National Park or deprive any wild animal or its habitat within such National Park except under and following a permit granted by the Chief Wildlife Warden. Such permission shall be given State Government, being satisfied that such destruction, exploitation, or removal of wildlife from the National Park is necessary or not.
The boundaries of National Parks are well marked and circumscribed. The State Government shall publish a notification specifying the limits of the area which shall be comprised within the National Park and declare that the said area shall be a National Park on and from such date as may be specified in the notification. Nobody has right of alteration of the boundaries of a National Park except on a resolution passed by the Legislature of the State. No person shall destroy, exploit, or remove any wildlife.
The meaning of “National Park” is an area declared, whether under sec.35. or sec.38 or deemed, under sub-section (3) of sec.66. to be declared, as a National Park.
There is Most Popular National Park in India is as follows–
1. Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
2. Jim Corbett National Park, Uttarakhand
3. Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh
4. Periyar National Park, Kerala
5. Kaziranga National Park, Assam
6. Sunderbans National Park, West Bengal
7. Kanha National Park, Madhya Pradesh
8. Mudumalai National Park, Tamil Nadu
9. Gir National Park, Gujrat
10. Keoladeo National Park, Rajasthan