WBCS Model Solved Question Paper for Preliminary Examination. Sample paper helps the candidates achieve success in what they have studied till date. Thus it is very important for the candidates to solve the Model Paper so that their skills can be tested. West Bengal Civil Services WBCS can download the previous year’s question paper from the initial and main examination website. We have also given the latest question in addition to year-old questions for the WBCS preparatory exam. The WCSC exam is one of the toughest examinations in Bengal.
List of Nobel Memorial Prize laureates in Economics–
1. At which Congress Session was the working committee authorised to launch a programme of Civil Disobedience?
(A) Bombay (B) Lahore✓
(C) Lucknow (D) Tripura
2. How long the proclamation of financial emergency may remain in operation without the approval by both the Houses of Parliament?
(A) One month (B) Two months✓
(C) Six months (D) One year
3, The theory of ‘Sulh-i-Kul’ was promulgated by–
(A) Nizamuddin Auliya (B) Akbar✓
(C) Zainul Abidin (D) Shaikh Nasiruddin Chirag
4. For which of the following sessions the Congress elected its first women President?
(A) Calcutta Session, 1917✓ (B) Gaya Session, 1922
(C) Allahabad Session, 1921 (D) Lucknow Session, 1916
5. The day observed as ‘Bloody Sunday’ in History of Russia is–
(A) January 22, 1905✓ (B) October 30, 1905
(C) March 10, 1917 (D) November 7, 1917
6. Who among the following was related to Berlin Committee for Indian independence formed in Germany in 1914?
(A) Virendranath Chattopadhyaya✓
(B) Subhash Chandra Bose
(C) Shyamji Krishna Verma
(D) Vinayak Damodar Savarkar
7. Karman Kaur Thandi is associated with which sports?
(A) Tennis✓ (B) Hockey
(C) Badminton (D) Basketball
8. Which among the following is the least densely populated State of India?
(A) Arunachal Pradesh✓ (B) Mizoram
(C) Jammu and Kashmir (D) Sikkim
9. Almatti Dam is located in which of the following States?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Karnataka✓
(C) Kerala (D) Tamil Nadu
10. Which among the following treaties was signed after the Battle of Buxar?
(A) Treaty of Allahabad✓ (B) Treaty of Carnatic
(C) Treaty of Alinagar (D) Treaty of Kanpur
11. Who started the newspaper namely ‘Mook Nayak’?
(A) BR Arnbedkar✓ (B) Aurobindo Ghosh
(C) Mahatma Gandhi (D) Subhash Chandra Bose
12. ‘NAFED’ is–
(A) Marketing cooperative✓
(B) a department of Ministry of AAgriculture
(C) an NGO involved in women empowerment
(D) None of the above
13. NASA’s premier X-Ray Observatory was named the Chandra X-Ray Observatory in honour of–
(A) An Indian-American Nobel laureate✓
(B) The creator of medieval Indian astronomical observatories
(C) Ancient Indian astronomers
(D) None of the above
14. Where is the ‘Rapid Trident’ joint military exercise among Ukraine, US and NATO North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO) nations held?
(A) United States (B) Ukraine✓
(C) Russia (D) France
15. Who among the following has been appointed as the new Chairman of the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC)?
(A) Bharat Kumar (B) Satyadev Prasad
(C) Kamlesh Nilakanth Vyas✓ (D) Bobby Aloysius
16. Who among the following was the first Chairman of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)?
(A) Sir Ross Barker✓ (B) Sir David Petrie
(C) Sir Eyre Gorden (D) Sir FW Robertson
17. India has recently re-elected to the Council of the International Maritime Organisation (IMO)Where is the headquarters of IMO?
(A) New York (B) Berlin
(C) London✓ (D) Warsaw
18. Charak was a contemporary of which of the following kings?
(A) Chandra Gupta Maurya (B) Kanishka✓
(C) Ashoka (D) Akbar
19. The famous Shahi (Royal) litchi of which State has recently got the Geographical Indication (GI) tag?
(A) West Bengal (B) Uttarakhand
(C) Bihar✓ (D) Uttar Pradesh
20. The journal ‘Ghadar’ of Ghadar Party was a–
(A) Monthly Journal (B) Fortnightly Journal
(C) Weekly Journal✓ (D) Daily Journal
21. Murshid Quli Khan, Alivardi Khan and Siraj-ud-daulah were all Nawabs of–
(A) Lucknow (B) Varanasi
(C) Hyderabad (D) Bengal✓
22. The Mettur dam is located across which of the following rivers?
(A) Krishana (B) Cauvery✓
(C) Godavari (D) Mahanadi
23. Rock-cut temples of Mahabalipuram were built by–
(A) Pallavas✓ (B) Cholas
(C) Chalukyas (D) Rashtrakutas
24. Who was the founder of Pala dynasty?
(A) Dharmapala (B) Deopala
(C) Gopala✓ (D) Ramapala
25. On which occasion was ‘Jana-Gana Mana: fist sung?
(A) 1896 Session of INC (B) 1905 Session of INC
(C) 1911 Session of INC✓ (D) 1919 Session of INC
26. Who was the first to suggest the boycott of British goods in Bengal?
(A) Aurobindo Ghose (B) Krishna Kumar Mitra✓
(C) Motilal Ghosh (D) Satish Chandra Mukherji
27. October Revolution is related to which country?
(A) The USA (B) France
(C) Russia✓ (D) Germany
28. The first joint sitting of both the Houses of the Indian Parliament was held in connection with–
(A) Dowry Abolition Bill✓ (B) Hindu Code Bill
(C) Bank Nationalistation Bill (D) Gold Control Bill
29. Supreme Court’s judgement regarding homosexuality is related to which of the following?
(A) Section-377 of IPC✓
(B) Article-377 of the Indian Constitution
(C) Article-277 of the Indian Constitution
(D) None of the above
30. When the World Biodiversity Day is observed?
(A) March, 22 (B) May, 22✓
(C) June, 23 (D) April, 16
31. Which among the following places have given the earliest evidence of agriculture in Indian subcontinent?
(A) Dholavira (B) Mehrgarh✓
(C) Atranjikheda (D) Gufkaral
32. The editor of the ‘Hindu Patriot’ who strongly supported the Indigo Movement was–
(A) Hem Chandrakar (B) Harish Chandra Mukherjee✓
(C) Dinbandhu Mitra (D) Digambar Biswas
33. The Lieutenant Governor of Bengal at the time of Partition of Bengal was–
(A) Sir Andrew Fraser✓ (B) HH Risley
(C) Bordrick (D) AT Arundel
34. Indian women’s Table Tennis team has clinched its first-ever gold at the 21st Commonwealth Games (CWG) 2018. The team is led by whom?
(A) Nikita Toderwal (B) Madhurika Patkar
(C) Manika Batra✓ (D) Nidhi Desai
35. NASA has recently retired its space mission called Kepler. What is Kepler?
(A) a mars orbitor (B) a space observatory✓
(C) a navigation satellite (D) lunar rover
36. Which country’s team has lifted the 2018 South Asian Football Federation (SAFF) Cup?
(A) Bhutan (B) India
(C) Maldives✓ (D) Bangladesh
37. The book ‘No Spin’ is the autobiography of which veteran cricketer, which has to be released in October, 2018?
(A) Harbhajan Singh (B) Shane Watson
(C) Shane Warne✓ (D) Anil Kumble
38. 7th UN World Tourism Organisation Global Summit on Urban Tourism was held in–
(A) Seoul (South Korea)✓ (B) Gurugram (India)
(C) New Delhi (India) (D) Geneva (Switzerland)
39. Chachnama is the oldest chronicle of which of the following regions?
(A) Kashmir (B) Gandhar
(C) Sindh✓ (D) Punjab
40. Who was the ruler of Devagiri at the time of Alauddin Khalji’s invasion?
(A) Ramachandra Dev✓ (B) Prataprudra Dev
(C) Malik Kafur (D) Rana Ratan Singh
41. Which one of the following is the Junction point of the Western Ghats and the Eastern Ghats?
(A) Tavadi hills (B) Auaimalai hills
(C) Nilgiri hills (D) Shevaroy hills
42. Which of the following fixes the poverty line in India?
(A) Central Council of Ministers (B) Lok Sabha
(C) Rajya Sabha (D) Planning Commission (Now NITI Aayog)✓
43. The Middle Ganga plain area starts from–
(A) Lucknow (B) Allahabad
(C) Banaras (D) Patna
44. Which organisation’s website has been recently dedicated to former President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, with the theme ‘The Kalam Vision-Dare to Dream’?
(A) Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO)
(B) Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO)✓
(C) NITI Aayog
(D) Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)
45. What was India’s rank in recently released World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business 2018 rankings?
(A) 76 (B) 77✓
(C) 99 (D) 100
46. Who among the following drafted the resolution on Fundamental Rights for the Karachi session of Congress in 1931?
(A) Mahatma Gandhi (B) Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru✓
(C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (D) Dr. BR Ambedkar
47. At which among the following places, Hindu Mela was started in 1867 by Nabagopal Mitra?
(A) Calcutta✓ (B) Delhi
(C) Allahabad (D) Varanasi
48. At which among the following sessions, the All India Muslim League passed the Pakistan Resolution on March 23, 1940?
(A) Karachi (B) Hyderabad
(C) Lahore✓ (D) Lucknow
49. 15th Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas in January, 2019 will be held in which city?
(A) Varanasi✓ (B) Vadodara
(C) Jaipur (D) Pune
50. Who said about Mahatma Gandhi that he is a ‘half naked fakir’?
(A) Winston Churchill✓ (B) Lord Mountbatten
(C) Lord Wavell (D) Lord Linlithgow