Mauryan and Gupta Empire is one of the essential sections of IAS Exam Indian History syllabus. Every year, a number of questions have been asked in IAS Prelims Exam. So, it is very important to do the practice of Mauryan and Gupta Empire quiz based on the pattern of UPSC IAS Exam. Here we have provided Ancient History quizzes based on the topic- Mauryan and Gupta Empire, one of the most asked topics of History in IAS Prelims Exam.
1. Banabhatta was the court poet of which emperor? [SSC CGL 1999]
2. Who was the first known Gupta ruler? [SSC CGL 2005, Matric Level 2000]
3. Whose reign in Indian History was called the Golden Age of India?
4. When did the first Huna invasion take place?
5. Who was the court poet of Harsha? [SSC Combined Matric Level 2000]
6. Who was called India’s Nepoleon because of his victories? [SSC Combined Matric Level 2002 SSC MTS 2014, Steno. 2010]
7. The title ‘Indian Napolean’ has been attached to : [SSC CPO SI 2004, LDC 2012]
8. Which of the following statements about the Guptas is NOT true? [SSC SAS 2010]
9. Which was the oldest University? [SSC Combined Matric Level 1999]
10. Who among the following, propounded the theory of zero? [SSC MTS 2013]
11. Who was called Lichchavi Dauhitra? [SSC CGL 2013]
12. The coins of which of the following reveal their love for music? [SSC CHSL 2011]
13. The last Buddhist king who was a great Sanskrit scholar and a writer was : [SSC Combined Matric Level 2001]
14. Whose achievements are recorded in the Allahabad Pillar inscription? [SSC CGL 2007]
15. During which Gupta King’s reign did the Chinese traveller Fa-hien visit India? [SSC CPO SI 2008, CGL 2011]
16. Which one of the following coins was issued in silver during the Gupta period? [SSC CGL 2014]
17. Where was the Introductory capital of Harsha? [SSC CPO 2012]
18. Which of the following Gupta kings stopped the Huns from invading India? [SSC Combined Matric Level 2002]
19. What was Chandragupta II also known as? [SSC CHSL 2010]
20. India’s trade with the Roman Empire came to an end with the invasion of Rome by the : [SSC CPO SI 2006]
आपने में से जवाब सही दिए है।