UNITED BANK OF INDIA PROBATIONARY OFFICERS EXAM., 2016
(Held on 7-8-2016)
General Awareness Solved Paper
1. In March 2016, the world's most expensive train station was opened. It is located in which of the following cities?
(A) Osaka (B) Moscow (C) New York (D) Tokyo (E) Hong Kong (Ans : C)
2. The subscribed capital of Beijing-based Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is–
(A) $ 100 million (B) $ 500 billion (C) $ 100 billion
(D) Other than those given as options (E) $ 50 billion (Ans : C)
3. Out of a total of 72 applicants for small finance banks; how many applicants have been issued licenses by RBI ?
(A) 57 (B) 22 (C) 72 (D) 10 (E) 25 (Ans : D)
4. India's first spice museum is being set up in which of the following cities to educate tourists about growth and history of Indian spice industry ?
(A) Hyderabad (B) Kochi (C) Kolkata (D) Panaji (E) Ahmedabad (Ans : B)
5. With a view to redress the grievances of tax payers speedily, Income Tax department has started a new electronic platform which is known as–
(A) e-grievances (B) e-IT (C) e-bharat (D) e-abhya (E) e-nivaran (Ans : E)
6. Bank deposits are insured by DICGC for a maximum amount of ………. per depositor per bank.
(A) No limit (B) Rs. 50,800 (C) Rs. 5,00,000 (D) Rs. 2,00,000 (E) Rs. 1,00,000 (Ans : E)
7. Which of the following scheme of Govt. of India has created Guinness World Record for the largest cash transfer programme?
(A) Aam Admi Bima Yojana (B) Deen Dayal Disabled Rehabilitation Scheme
(C) MGNREGA (D) Pahal (E) Ian Dhan Yojana (Ans : D)
8. What is the name of a scheme to be announced by HRD Ministry to track academic performance of school children across the country?
(A) Pradarshan (B) Achievers (C) 'Shaala ASMITA' (D) The performers (E) The Gainers (Ans : C)
9. Who has been named as the 'World Class Gymnast' by the International Gymnastics Federation (FIG), recently (July 2016) ?
(A) Dipa Karmakar (B) Gabby Douglas (C) Shawn Machel Johnson
(D) Vladimir Chertkov (E) Aliya Fargotvna Mustafina (Ans : A)
10. Who was appointed as Human Resource Development Minister, after the Union Cabinet re- shuffle?
(A) Prakash Javadekar (B) Smriti Irani (C) Anupriya Patel (D) Venkaiah Naidu (E) Ananth Kumar (Ans : A)
11. Who won the Wimbledon men's singles title 2016 ?
(A) Roger Federer (B) Andy Murray (C) N. Djokovic (D) Milos Raonic (E) Rafael Nadal (Ans : B)
12. What is the name of the new crop insurance scheme approved by the Union Cabinet?
(A) Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana (B) Atal Fasal Bima Yojana (C) Mahatma Gandhi Fasal Bima Yojana
(D) Jai Kishan Bima Yojana (E) Deen Dayal Upadhaya Fasal Bima Yojana (Ans : A)
13. What will be the approximate cost for SBI for merger of its subsidiaries and Bharatiya Mahila Bank with it ?
(A) Rs. 1,000 crores (B) Rs. 500 crores (C) Rs. 3,000 crores
(D) Rs. 2,000 crores (E) Rs. 750 crores (Ans : A)
14. What is the full form of CKYCR ?
(A) Central KYC Records Registery (B) Central KYC Registery (C) Centralized KYC Register
(D) Central KYC Records (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : B)
15. What is the full form of MUDRA which has been set up by the Govt. of India ?
(A) Micro Units Development and Refinance Agency (B) Major Units Development and Refinance Agency
(C) Micro Units Division and Regulating Agency (D) Micro Units Development and Regulating Agency
(E) Other than these given as Options (Ans : A)
16. Which multinational bank announced in May 2016 to wind up all its retail banking operations in India in a phased manner?
(A) Korea Exchange Bank (B) Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait BSC (C) Somali Bank Ltd.
(D) Royal Bank of Scotland Plc. (E) HSBC (Ans : D)
17. As per recent press reports, Finance Minister moved the insolvency and Bankruptcy Bill 2015, known commonly as the Bankruptcy Code, in the Lok Sabha, Which of the following authority has been proposed as a regulator?
(A) RBI (B) SEBI (C) IRDA (D) Ministry of Finance (E) Insolvency and Banking Board of India (Ans : E)
18. Which country hosted UEFA Euro 2016, a month-long Football tournament?
(A) UK (B) Hungary (C) Austria (D) France (E) Switzerland (Ans : D)
19. Which one of the following is not a financial regulator in the country ?
(A) IBA (B) IRDA (C) PFRDA (D) SEBI (E) RBI (Ans : A)
20. As per the recent (June, 2016) new paper report, World's costliest smart phone hits the stands. It is priced at–
(A) $ 08,000 (B) $ 12,000 (C) $ 14,000 (D) $ 25,000 (E) $10,000 (Ans : C)
21. Which of the following public sector banks has launched 'Mingle' to enable its customer access to various banking July 2016 ?
(A) Bank of India (B) Union Bank of India (C) Bank of Baroda
(D) State Bank of India (E) Allahabad Bank (Ans : D)
22. Under the 'Make in India' mission, country's first medical devices park will be established in which of the following States?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Uttar Pradesh (C) Kerala (D) Gujarat (E) Karnataka (Ans : D)
23. Govt. of India had appointed a high powered panel to process the recommendations of 7th pay commission. Who was heading this panel?
(A) Mr. P.J. Nayak (B) Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu (C) Dr. Urjit Patel
(D) Shri P. K. Sinha (E) Shri Narayan Murthy (Ans : D)
24. Who was recently conferred the 51st Jnanpith Award by the President of India in July 2016 ?
(A) Bha1chandra Nemade (B) Pratibha Ray (C) Dr. Raghuveer Chaudhari
(D) Dr. Ravuri Bharadwaja (E) Kedarnath Singh (Ans : C)
25. Who has won 2016 Indian Federation Cup Football Tournament?
(A) Mohan Bagan (B) Aizawl FC (C) East Bengal (D) Shillong Lajong FC (E) Bengaluru FC (Ans : A)
26. Who amongst the following is the first Indian woman to be nominated to the International Olympic Committee?
(A) Nita Ambani (B) Anjum Chopra (C) Mithali Raj (D) Chanda Kochar (E) Naina Lal Kidwai (Ans : A)
27. Which of the following company is the sole reinsurance company in India?
(A) Life Insurance Corporation of India (B) ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Company (C) National Insurance Company
(D) New India Assurance Company (E) General Insurance Corporation (Ans : E)
28. A new terminology which is ebing used these days is called P2P lending. What is the full form of P2P?
(A) Proper to proper (B) People to people (C) Peer to peer
(D) Other than those given as options (E) Point to point (Ans : C)
29. Which of the following companies has relaunched ESOPs (in July, 2016) after 13 years to rein in attrition?
(A) WIPRO (B) Kotak Mahindra Bank (C) ICICI Bank (D) Unilever (E) Infosys (Ans : E)
30. As per the recent press reports, the World Bank is switching to precise way of classifying the countries of the world. As per the new nomenclature, India is being classified as–
(A) Lower-income economy (B) Higher middle-income country! South Asia (C) Under Developed Country
(D) Developing Country (E) Lower middle-income country! South Asia (Ans : E)
31. International Day of Yoga is celebrated on which day?
(A) 8th March (B) 26th January (C) 28th February (D) 1st January (E) 21st June (Ans : E)
32. Who amongst the following is heading the committee which has been constituted to examine the feasibility of a new financial year?
(A) Dr. Y.V. Reddy (B) Venkaiah Naidu (C) Dr. Shankar Acharya
(D) Arun Jaitley (E) Dr. Raghuram Rajan (Ans : C)
33. Which mortgage lender from India is among the world's biggest and most powerful companies in the consumer financial services, according to Forbes list which was released recently (July, 2016) ?
(A) ICICI Bank (B) HDFC Bank (C) Bank of Baroda (D) Axis Bank (E) SBI (Ans : B)
34. The Govt. of India has notified that Tax will not be deducted for PF withdrawals upto Rs. 50,000 with effect from June 1, 2016. What is the previous limit in this regard?
(A) Rs. 10,000 (B) Rs. 75,000 (C) Rs. 30,000 (D) Rs. 40,000 (E) Rs. 25,000 (Ans : C)
35. Startup India Movement to boost digital entrepreneurship at the grassroots level was launched by the Government of India to fill the gaps in the economy for the growth and a dedicated fund with Rs. ………. crore corpus to fund start-ups.
(A) 1,00,000 (B) 5,000 (C) 25,000 (D) 1,000 (E) 10,000 (Ans : E)
36. Who appoints a banking ombudsman?
(A) Lead Bank of the State (B) Governor of respective state (C) Reserve Bank of India
(D) President of India (E) Chief Justice of India (Ans : C)
37. Which of the following company has recently (May, 2016) launched world's first 17-inch, 2-in-1 laptop?
(A) Microsoft (B) Lenovo (C) HP (D) ASUS (E) Dell (Ans : E)
38. A mobile app launched by Govt. of India for sending SMS in mother tongue is called as–
(A) Bharatvani (B) Hindvani (C) Bhashavani (D) Rashtravani (E) Other than given in the option (Ans : A)
39. Who decides the rate of interest on savings bank deposits?
(A) Ministry of Finance (B) Indian Banks Association (C) Parliamentary Committee
(D) Reserve Bank of India (E) Individual Banks (Ans : D)
40. What is the name of the new insurance scheme which provides insurance coverage of Rs. 2 lakh on payment of small premium amount of Rs. 12 per year?
(A) Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (B) Jeevan Sangharsh Bima Yojana
(C) Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana (D) Other than those given as options
(E) Jeevan Sangam Bima Yojana (Ans : C)
41. World's largest single roof top solar power plant with capacity of 115 MW is inaugurated–
(A) Australia (B) Saudi Arabia (C) New Zealand (D) Angola (E) India (Ans : E)
42. The Govt. has set up a monetary policy committee (MPC), who is heading this committee?
(A) RBI Governor (B) Vice-Chairman of the NIT! Aayog (C) Finance Minister
(D) Prime Minister (E) President of India (Ans : A)
43. As per the recent press report, RBI has selected how many companies for setting up payment banks in the country ?
(A) 41 (B) 72 (C) 11 (D) 18 (E) 23 (Ans : C)
44. The world's largest charkha or spinning wheel was unveiled very recently at which place?
(A) Indira Gandhi International Airport (B) Sardar Vallabhbhai International Airport
(C) Kempegowda International Airport (D) Chennai International Airport
(E) Chhatrapati Shivaji Airport (Ans : A)
45. As per the recent (April, 2016) press reports, Aadhaar enrolments have crossed–
(A) 75 crore mark (B) 50 crore mark (C) 100 lakhs mark (D) 100 crore mark (E) 200 crore mark (Ans : D)
46. Investments in Sukanya Samridhi Account can be made up to a maximum amount of ………. per annum.
(A) Rs. 15 lakh (B) Rs. 1 lakh (C) Rs. 1.5 lakh (D) Rs. 3 lakh (E) There is no ceiling (Ans : C)
47. Which of the following is a self regulatory body for banks which are dealing in foreign exchange transactions in India ?
(A) SEBI (B) FEDAI (C) IBA (D) RBI (E) Both RBI and IBA (Ans : B)
48. Which of the following public sector banks is the first bank to offer wealth management service?
(A) Bank of India (B) Bank of Baroda (C) State Bank of India (D) Canara Bank (E) Other than those given as options (Ans : C)
49. The opening ceremony of the Olympic Games 2016, took place on which of the following date?
(A) 29th July (B) 26th December (C) 5th August (D) 1st September (E) 21st August (Ans : C)
50. Who is the author of the book 'To Cancer, With Love : My Journey of Jay' ?
(A) Yuvraj Singh (B) Sharat Kumar (C) Neelesh Misra (D) Mickey Mehta (E) Neelam Kumar (Ans : E)