(Read Previous Questions No. 1 to 100)
101. In this question, a statement is followed by two assumptions–
Statement : Nothing is beyond the reach of a hard working person.
I. A hard working person can achieve everything.
II. Those who do not work hard cannot achieve anything.
Then which of the answer is correct?
(a) Only I is implied in the statement. (b) Only II is implied in the statement.
(c) Both I and II are implied in the statement. (d) Neither I nor II is implied in the statement. (Ans : a)
102. The statement below is followed by two arguments numbered I and II. Decide which of the arguments is a strong argument and which is a weak argument. Give answer.
Statement : Should use of mobile phone be banned while driving?
I. Yes, most of the time it causes accident.
II. No, this can create a major problem for mobile users in emergency.
(a) Only argument I is strong. (b) Only argument II is strong. (c) Both I and II are strong. (d) Neither I nor II is strong. (Ans : a)
103. Statements : 1. All fruits are trees. 2. No flower is tree.
Conclusions : I. No flower is fruit. II. Some trees are fruits.
(a) Only conclusion I follows. (b) Only conclusion II follows.
(c) Neither conclusion I nor II follows. (d) Both conclusions I and II follow. (Ans : d)
104. Statement : If he is intelligent, he will pass the NET examination.
I. To pass, the NET examination he must be intelligent.
II. He will pass the NET examination.
(a) Neither I nor II is implicit. (b) Only Assumption II is implicit. (c) Either I or II is implicit. (d) Both I and II are implicit. (Ans : a)
105. In the given figure, total number of triangles are–
(a) 21 (b) 23 (c) 25 (d) 27 (Ans : d)
106. Next term of the sequence 1039, 2247, 3455, 4663, ………. is.
(a) 5772 (b) 5871 (c) 5782 (d) 5881 (Ans : b)
107. The next term in the given sequence 7Y, 26V, 63R, 124M, ………. is–
(a) 216G (b) 216H (c) 215G (d) 215H (Ans : c)
108. Pick out the odd one.
(a) Cat (b) Cow (c) Goat (d) Pig (Ans : c)
109. If "GYPSUM" is coded as "MGSPYU", "FATHER'" is coded as "RFHTAE", then "BEYOND" will be coded as–
(a) DBYOEN (b) NDEYBO (c) DBOEYN (d) DBOYEN (Ans : d)
110. A, B, C, D, E and Fare 6 members of a family. Number of males is equal to number of females. Family has one pair of husband-wife. A and E are sons of F, and A is elder. D is mother of two children (one is boy and other is girl). B is son of A. Then the niece of E is–
(a) C (b) D (c) F (d) A (Ans : a)
111. In this question a key figure marked (X) is given, followed by four other alternative figures marked (A), (B), (C) and (D). The figure which fits exactly into figure (X) to form a complete square, is–
(a) D (b) B (c) C (d) A (Ans : c)
112. In a mixture of 60 litre, the ratio of milk and water is 5 : 3. In order to make this ratio 1 : 2, the quantity of water to be added to the mixture is–
(a) 17.5 litre (b) 22.5 litre (c) 58.5 litre (d) 52.5 litre (Ans : d)
113. The missing number in the given table is–
(a) 5 (b) 7 (c) 9 (d) 14
(Ans : )
114. Which is the digit at unit place of the product (541 × 769 × 357) ?
(a) 7 (b) 5 (c) 3 (d) 1 (Ans : b)
115. 200 bulbs are used 4 hours per day and expenditure of 6 days is Rs. 40/- Then how many bulbs should be used 3 hours per day so that expenditure of 15 days is Rs. 48/-?
(a) 72 (b) 800 (c) 128 (d) 90 (Ans : c)
116. Two students X and Y appeared at an examination. X secured 9 marks more than marks of Y and marks of X was 56% of the sum of their marks. The marks obtained by X and Y are respectively–
(a) 39, 30 (b) 41, 32 (c) 42, 33 (d) 43, 34 (Ans : c)
117. The difference of compound interest (annually) and simple interest on an amount of Rs. 15,000/- for 2 years on the same rate of interest is Rs. 96/-. The rate of interest per annum is–
(a) 8% (b) 10% (c) 12% (d) 7% (Ans : a)
118. A father distributes Rs. 16,400/- into two fixed deposits for his two sons of age 17 and 18 years respectively, such that at their age of 20 years, both get the same amount. If rate of compound interest is 5% per annum (compounded annually), then how much amount the father deposits for his younger son?
(a) Rs. 8,0001/-(b) Rs. 8,2001/-(c) Rs. 8,4001/-(d) Rs. 10,000/- (Ans : a)
Direction (119-120) : Refer the following table and pie-graphs. Automobile Exports from India (in thousands)
119. What is the percentage change in export of automobiles excluding HCVs in
2013-14 as compared to 2010-11 ?
(a) 222% increase (b) 222% decrease (c) 322% increase (d) 322% decrease (Ans : a)
120. How many more two wheelers (in nearest thousands) were exported to EU in 2013-14 as compared to 2010-11 ?
(a) 129 (b) 131 (c) 134 (d) 176 (Ans : c)
121. How many Gold Medals won by India in the 12th South Asian Games held in February 2016 ?
(a) 200 (b) 188 (c) 156 (d) 96 (Ans : b)
122. Who among the following led the movement for withdrawing United Kingdom from the European Union?
(a) Boris Johnson (b) Mark Carney (c) George Osborne (d) Jean-Clande Junker (Ans : a)
123. Who captained the Mumbai Cricket team, which won the Ranji Trophy Tournament 2015-16 ?
(a) Surya Kumar Yadav (b) Shreyas Iyer (c) Rohit Sharma (d) Aditya Tare (Ans : d)
124. Which Indian State has been declared as the first 'Digital State' of India?
(a) Karnataka (b) Kerala (c) Maharashtra (d) Goa (Ans : b)
125. How much percentage of the total land mass area of India is in Rajasthan?
(a) 10.4% (b) 7.9% (c) 13.3% (d) 11.4% (Ans : a)
126. How much of Thar Desert in India falls in Rajasthan?
(a) 40% (b) 60% (c) 80% (d) 90% (Ans : )
127. Which country recently conferred its highest civilian honour . 'Amir Amanullah Khan Award' to Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
(a) Saudi Arabia (b) Uzbekistan (c) Iran (d) Afghanistan (Ans : d)
128. Identify the place, where the first "Annupurna Bhandar" was inaugurated by the Chief Minister of Rajasthan on 31st October, 2015.
(a) Chomu (b) Bhambori (c) Phagi (d) Kotputali (Ans : b)
129. Rajasthan is the first state to implement which one of the following Act to redress public grievances?
(a) Transparency in Public Procurement Act (b) Guaranteed Delivery of Public Services Act
(c) Good Governance Act (d) Right to Hearing Act (Ans : d)
130. 'Government of Rajasthan has set-up Jeevan Ohara Bank in collaboration with Norwegian Government to provide–
(a) Blood for Cancer patients (b) Water for Desert areas (c) Insurance to Old persons (d) Mother's Milk to Infants (Ans : d)
131. What is the official 'motto' of Rio 2016 Paralympic Games?
(a) A new world (b) Come and play (c) Equality to play (d) Come walk together (Ans : a)
132. The sentence incorporated in the 'Logo' of Rajasthan tourism is–
(a) Rangilo Rajasthan (b) Jane Kya Dikh Jaye (c) Rajasthan Ro Dil Dekho (d) Darshniya Rajasthan (Ans : b)
133. How many sports will be played during Rio Paralympic Games, 2016 ?
(a) 20 (b) 42 (c) 23 (d) 27 (Ans : c)
134. Consider the following statements about the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana ?
A. The scheme provides free LPG connection to the women belonging to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) households.
B. Rs. 8,000 crore has been earmarked under the scheme.
C. The scheme provides a financial support of Rs. 2,800/- for each LPG connection to the BPL households.
D. The scheme will benefit 5 crore BPL families across the nation.
Which of the above statements are correct?
(a) A and B (b) B and C (c) A, C and D (d) A, Band D (Ans : d)
135. Who is the first Dronacharya awardee of Rajasthan State?
(a) Karan Singh (b) Ripudaman Singh (c) Gopal Saini (d) Paramjeet Singh (Ans : a)
136. Prestigious Asian cup 2015 Table Tennis championships was hosted at–
(a) Sawai Mansingh Indoor Stadium, Jaipur (b) National Sports Club of India, Mumbai
(c) Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium, New Delhi (d) Netaji Subhash Indoor Stadium, Kolkata (Ans : a)
137. Newly elected Chairman of Rajasthan Olympic Association is–
(a) Shivcharan Mali (b) Dhanraj Choudhary (c) Gopal Saini (d) Ramavtar Jakhar (Ans : b)
138. How many events took place in Rio Olympic Games, 2016 ?
(a) 396 (b) 326 (c) 306 (d) 296 (Ans : c)
139. Which is the first solar powered aircraft to-circumnavigate the earth?
(a) Solar Impulse-1 (b) Solar Impulse-3 (c) Solar Impulse-2 (d) Solar Impulse-4 (Ans : c)
140. In 35th National Games, 2015 Rajasthan won–
(a) 10 Medals (b) 1 Gold Medal only (c) 3 Silver Medals (d) 18 Medals (Ans : d)
141. In which of the following texts the list of the sixteen great states (Sodasa Mahajanapadas) of ancient India occur?
Select the correct answer from the code given below–
(i) Arthashastra (ii) Anguttara Nikaya (iii) Digha Nikaya (iv) Bhagavati Sutra
(a) (i) and (ii) (b) (ii) and (iv) (c) (i), (ii) and (iii) (d) (ii), (iii) and (iv) (Ans : b)
142. The legend of Satyakam Jabal, which challenges the stigma of being an unmarried mother, is mentioned in–
(a) Chhandogya Upanishad (b) Jabal Upanishad (c) Kathopnishad (d) Prashnopnishad (Ans : a)
143. Which of the following Sanskrit works has taken up their theme from the Mahabharata ?
Select the correct answer from the code given below–
(i) Naishdhiyacharita (ii) Kiratarjuniyam (iii) Sisupalavadha (iv) Dasakumaracharita
(a) (i) and (iii) (b) (ii) and (iii) (c) (i), (ii) and (iii) (d) (ii), (iii) and (iv) (Ans : c)
144. Which one of the following Sun Temples is located in Patan, Gujarat ?
(a) Konark (b) Modhera (c) Martand (d) Dakshinark (Ans : b)
145. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Raziya Sultan – Delhi
(b) Bahadur Shah – Gujarat
(c) Baz Bahadur – Malwa
(d) Chand Bibi – Awadh (Ans : d)
146. Who among the following laid the foundation of the Chola Empire in the IXth century A.D. ?
(a) Vijayalaya (b) Krishna I (c) Parantak (d) Rajraja Chola (Ans : a)
147. The Persian translation of Mahabharata, which was done in 16th century is called–
(a) Hamzanama (b) Alamgirnama (c) Badshahnama (d) Razmanama (Ans : d)
148. Who among the following does not belong to the Chishti order?
(a) Sheikh Moinuddin (b) Khwaja Qutubuddin Bakhtiar Kaki (c) Sheikh Nizamuddin Aulia (d) Sheikh Abdul Jilani (Ans : d)
149. Which one of the following pairs is not correctly matched?
(a) Ring Fence Policy – Warren Hastings
(b) Suppression of Thuggee –William Bentinck
(c) Vernacular Press Act – Curzon
(d) Illbert Bill –Ripon (Ans : c)
150. Assertion (A) : Socio-religious movements of the 19th century resulted in the modernization of India.
Reason (R) : Rationalism, scientific temper and other such ideas which are the basis of modernization were at the core of the socio-religious movements.
Select the correct answer from the code given below–
(a) A is true but R is false.
(b) R is true but A is false.
(c) Both A and R are true but R is not the correct explanation of A.
(d) Both A and R are true and R is the correct explanation of A. (Ans : d)