1. Under which Article of the Constitution of India can the President of India
be impeached ?
(A) 356 (B) 75 (C) 76 (D) 61
2. The source of all political power in India lies with—
(A) Parliament (B) The Lok Sabha
(C) The people (D) The Constitution
3. Which of the following statements describes a ‘Hung Parliament’ ?
(A) A Parliament in which no party has clear majority
(B) The Prime Minister has resigned but Parliament is not dissolved
(C) Parliament lacks quorum to conduct business
(D) A lame duck Parliament
4. Who nominates the Chairman of the Public Account Committee of Indian
(A) The Prime Minister (B) The President
(C) The Speaker of the Lok Sabha (D) The Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
5. Which one of the following items comes under the Con-current List of the
Indian Constitution ?
(A) Inter-State rivers (B) Trade Unions
(C) Citizenship (D) Local Government
6. As per the 87th Constitutional Amendment Act, 2003 which census forms the
basis of delimitation of election constituencies ?
(A) 2001 (B) 1981
(C) 1991 (D) 1971
7. Who among the following do not participate in the election of the President
of India ?
(A) Elected members of the Rajya Sabha (B) Elected members of the Lok Sabha
(C) Elected members of the Vidhan Sabhas (D) Nominated members of the Rajya
8. The responsibility of the Prime Minister to the Lok Sabha is—
(A) Intermittent (B) Indirect
(C) At the time of election (D) Direct, continuous and collective
9. Which one of the following is set up by the Constitution of India ?
(A) Planning Commission (B) National Development Council
(C) Zonal Councils (D) None of the above
10. The Indian Constitution does not clearly provide for the freedom of press
but this freedom is implicit in Article—
(A) 19(i)a (B) 19(i)b (C) 19(i)c (D) 19(i)d
11. The Speaker of the Lok Sabha is the ex-officio Chairman of which of the
following parliamentary committees ?
(A) The Committee of Privileges
(B) The Rules Committee
(C) The Committee on Public Undertakings
(D) The Committee on Private members’ Bills and Resolutions
12. In which of the following Committees, are members from both the Houses of
Parliament represented ?
(A) The Estimates Committee (B) The Public Accounts Committee
(C) The Committee on Government Assurance (D) The Business Advisory Committee
13. According to the provisions of the Constitution which of the following shall
not have any nominated members ?
(A) The Lok Sabha (B) The Vidhan Sabha
(C) The State Legislative Council (D) None of the above
14. Approval of how many members of the Lok Sabha is needed to admit a
no-confidence motion in the Lok Sabha ?
(A) 25 (B) 10
(C) 1/10th of the total members (D) 50
15. Which one of the following Articles of Fundamental Rights is automatically
suspended as soon as the proclamation of National Emergency comes into effect ?
(A) Article 14 (B) Article 16 (C) Article 19 (D) Article 21
16. What kind of majority is required in the two Houses of Parliament to pass a
resolution removing the Vice-President of India ?
(A) Two-thirds of the present and voting
(B) Special majority
(C) Simple majority of the total membership of the House
(D) Two-thirds of the total members of the House
17. What is the maximum limit of time to which the National Emergency is
extended under Article 356 ?
(A) Six months (B) One year
(C) Three years (D) No time limit has been fixed
18. What is/are the ground or grounds mentioned in the Constitution to initiate
impeachment proceedings against the President of India ?
(A) Proved misbehaviour or incapacity (B) Corruption
(C) Violation of the Constitution (D) All the above
19. What is/are the ground/grounds given in the Constitution to disqualify a
citizen from exercising his voting rights ?
(A) Non-residence (B) Unsoundness of mind
(C) Crime or corrupt or illegal practice (D) All the above
20. Which one of the political parties was not formed during the decade of 1980s
(A) Bahujan Samaj Party (B) Assam Gana Parishad
(C) Shiv Sena (D) Telugu Desam
21. According to Article 75 of the Constitution, the Ministers shall hold office
during the pleasure of the—
(A) Prime Minister (B) President
(C) Parliament (D) Lok Sabha
22. The Chief Minister of the National Capital Territory of Delhi is appointed
(A) President of India (B) Lt. Governor of Delhi
(C) Vice-President of India (D) The Vidhan Sabha of Delhi
23. At present, how many members of the Lok Sabha can be elected from Union
(A) 20 (B) 25 (C) 30 (D) 35
24. Which one of the following does not find mention in the Constitution of
(A) Attorney General of India (B) Solicitor-General of India
(C) Advocate-General of a State (D) State Election Commissioner
25. A nominated member of Parliament shall be disqualified to continue the
Member of Parliament, if such member joins a political party after a period of—
(A) One month (B) Two months (C) Three months (D) Six months
26. Which one of the following is not a part of the Directive Principles of
State Policy ?
(A) Right to Education
(B) Right to Work
(C) Right to Public assistance in case of unemployment
(D) Right against exploitation
27. Which Constitutional Amendment made changes in the Preamble to the Indian
(A) 24th Amendment (B) 25th Amendment
(C) 42nd Amendment (D) 44th Amendment
28. The Directive Principles of State Policy underline the Philosophy of—
(A) Socialism (B) Idealism
(C) Sarvoday (D) Democratic Centralisation
39. Which one of the following articles of the Constitution gives superior
position of Directive Principles viz-a-viz Fundamental Rights ?
(A) 31A (B) 31B (C) 31C (D) 31D
30. Which one of the following is not mentioned in the Constitution ?
(A) Administrative Tribunal (B) Political Party
(C) Cabinet (D) No-confidence Motion