1. The President has the power to nominate two members to Parliament belonging
(A) Christian Community (B) Anglo-Indian Community
(C) Business Community (D) Sikh Community
2. Who was the Constitutional Ad-visor to the Constituent Assembly ?
(A) Dr. Ambedkar (B) Dr. Rajendra Prasad
(C) Jawahar Lal Nehru (D) B.N. Rau
3. Who among the following was the President of Congress during independence ?
(A) Jawahar Lal Nehru (B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Maulana Azad (D) Sardar Patel
4. Which of the following categories of Fundamental Rights incorporate
‘Abolition of Un-touchability’ ?
(A) The Right to religion (B) The Right to equality
(C) The Right against exploitation (D) The Right to freedom
5. Judicial Review in India is based on—
(A) Procedure established by law (B) Due process of law
(C) Rule of law (D) Precedents and conventions
6. Which one of the following is not included in the State List in the
Constitution of India ?
(A) Police (B) Law and Order
(C) Prisons (D) Criminal Procedure Code
7. There is a constitutional requirement to have a minister in the charge of
Tribal Welfare for the States of—
(A) Assam, Nagaland and Manipur (B) Himachal Pradesh, Haryana, Rajasthan
(C) Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa (D) Manipur, Tripura, Meghalaya
8. How many seats did the Indian National Congress win on its own in elections
to the 15th Lok Sabha ?
(A) 182 (B) 212 (C) 114 (D) 206
9. Which part of the Constitution of India refers to the responsibility of the
State towards international peace and security ?
(A) Fundamental Rights (B) Directive Principles of State Policy
(C) Emergency Provisions (D) Preamble to the Constitution
10. What party won the largest number of seats for Maharashtra Assembly in the
elections held in 2009?
(A) Shiv Sena (B) Indian National Congress
(C) Bharatiya Janata Party (D) Nationalist Congress Party
11. The maximum number of un-starred questions for a day in the Lok Sabha has
been fixed at 230. What is this number in the Rajya Sabha ?
(A) 230 (B) 250 (C) 260 (D) No limit has been fixed
12. What is the minimum strength of the Legislative Assemblies of India
prescribed by the Constitution ?
(A) 40 (B) 50 (C) 60 (D) 80
13. Which one of the following is not appointed by the Governor ?
(A) The Chief Minister (B) Advocate General
(C) Member of State Public Service Commission (D) Judges of the High Court
14. The Planning Commission was established by—
(A) An act of Parliament (B) An Ordinance issued by the President
(C) A resolution of Union Council of Ministers (D) The provisions of the
15. Which one of the following is not a constitutional body?
(A) The Finance Commission of the Centre (B) The Finance Commission of a State
(C) The Lok Sabha Secretariat (D) The Human Right Commission
16. The Vidhan Sabha of a State has 45 members. What would be the quorum to
transact the business of the House?
(A) 5 members (B) 10 members (C) 23 members (D) 15 members
17. India is a republic because—
(A) The Head of the State is elected directly or indirectly by the people
(B) The Head of the Government is elected by the people
(C) The Government is responsible to Parliament
(D) The Constitution of India is supreme and made by a Constituent Assembly
18. The pension of a High Court judge is charged on—
(A) The Consolidated Fund of the State (B) The Public Account of the State
(C) The Consolidated Fund of India (D) The Public Account of India
19. Which of the following is pre-sided over by a person who is not a member of
that House ?
(A) Lok Sabha (B) Legislative Council of a State
(C) Rajya Sabha (D) Zila Panchayat
20. The backward classes commission (Mandal Commission) was appointed under—
(A) An Act of Parliament
(B) Article 16(4)
(C) Article 340
(D) Constitution does not provide for the appointment of such a commission
21. Which one of the following is not the ground mentioned in the Constitution
to impose reasonable restrictions on the right to form associations or unions ?
(A) Friendly relations with foreign States (B) Public order
(C) Morality (D) Sovereignty and integrity of India
22. Which one of the following has become a legal right under 44th Amendment ?
(A) Right to work (B) Right to education
(C) Right to property (D) Right to judicial remedies
23. The power to determine the number of judges in a High Court lies with the—
(A) Government of the State (B) Governor of the State
(C) President of India (D) Parliament of India
24. How many members are nominated by the Governor in the Legislative Council of
a State ?
(A) 1/3 of the total membership (B) 1/6 of the total membership
(C) 1/12 of the total member-ship (D) 12 members
25. Which one of the following bodies has the specific objective of considering
the views of the States in preparation of Five Year Plans ?
(A) Planning Commission (B) Zonal Councils
(C) Inter-State Council (D) National Development Council
26. According to the provisions of Article 243, which of the following
categories of the persons do not have mandatory reservations of seats in
(A) Scheduled Castes (B) Scheduled Tribes
(C) Women of all categories (D) Backward Classes
27. Which of the following provisions of the constitution can be amended by
Parliament by a Simple Majority ?
(A) Creation of new States in the Union
(B) Fundamental Rights
(C) Directive Principles of State Policy
(D) Provisions related to Panchayati Raj (Article 243)
28. Which one of the following Schedules is not directly related to the
functioning of the Indian Federal system ?
(A) First Schedule (B) Second Schedule
(C) Fourth Schedule (D) Seventh Schedule
29. Which one of the following Preventive Detention Acts is still in force ?
(A) NSA (B) TADA
(C) MISA (D) Preventive Detention Act
30. Dr. Rajendra Prasad held the office of the President of India for a period
(A) 5 years (B) 10 years (C) 7 years (D) 12 years