1. Who was the permanent President of the Constituent Assembly ?
(A) B. N. Rau (B) Dr. Ambedkar
(C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (D) Sachidanand Sinha
2. Which Constitutional Amendment introduced the anti-defection provisions in
the Constitution for the first time ?
(A) 51st Amendment (B) 52nd Amendment
(C) 53rd Amendment (D) 54th Amendment
3. The authority to alter the boundaries of States in India rests with—
(A) State Government (B) President
(C) Prime Minister (D) Parliament
4. Sarkaria Commission was concerned with—
(A) Judicial Reforms (B) Electoral Reforms
(C) Centre-State relations (D) Financial Reforms
5. Under the provisions of the Indian Constitution a community can be declared a
minority community on the basis of—
(A) Religion only (B) Either Religion or Language
(C) Either Language or Caste (D) Either religion or race
6. What type of voting is held in the Vidhan Sabha to elect members of the Rajya
(A) Secret Voting (B) Open Voting
(C) List Voting (D) Cumulative Voting
7. Which one of the following Parliamentary Committees in India acts as a
‘watchdog’ on departmental expenditure and irregularities ?
(A) Estimates Committee (B) Committee on Public Under-takings
(C) Public Account Committee (D) Committee on Public Assurances
8. The Supreme Court of India declares by issuing a writ that the respondent was
not entitled to an office he was holding or a privilege he was exercising. Which
writ is that ?
(A) Habeas-Corpus (B) Prohibition
(C) Quo-warranto (D) Certiorari
9. Who is the first Law Officer of the Government of India ?
(A) The Chief Justice of India (B) Union Law Minister
(C) Attorney-General of India (D) Law Secretary
10. A writ issued by a court to some inferior authority to transfer the matter
to it for its proper consideration, is called—
(A) Certiorari (B) Mandamus
(C) Quo Warranto (D) Prohibition
11. The Indian Constitution provides for the appointment of adhoc judges in the—
(A) Supreme Court (B) High Court (C) District Court (D) All the above
12. ‘Zero hour’ in the working of Indian Parliament means—
(A) The first hour of the session
(B) The period when the privilege motion is accepted
(C) The period before the question hour
(D) The interval between the end of question hour and the taking up of the next
13. Which of the following States have equal seats in the House of the People ?
(A) Punjab and Assam (B) Madhya Pradesh and Tamil-nadu
(C) Gujarat and Rajasthan (D) Andhra Pradesh and West Bengal
14. Which one of the following writs will be issued by the court in case of
illegal detention ?
(A) Habbeas Corpus (B) Mandamus
(C) Prohibition (D) Quo-Warranto
15. Which one of the following is a lighter form of Adjournment Motion ?
(A) No-confidence Motion (B) Censure Motion
(C) Calling Attention Motion (D) None of the above
16. The main object of Article 13 of the Constitution is to secure the
paramountncy of the Constitution with regard to—
(A) Directive Principles of State Policy (B) Fundamental Rights
(C) Fundamental Duties (D) All the above
17. Which article of the Constitution makes mention of reservation in public
employment in favour of backward classes ?
(A) 16(1) (B) 16(2) (C) 16(3) (D) 16(4)
18. Which of the following articles does not make special provisions with
respect to children ?
(A) Article 15 (B) Article 16 (C) Article 39 (D) Article 24
19. Which one of the following is not an All India Service ?
(A) Indian Administrative Service (B) Indian Police Service
(C) Indian Foreign Service (D) Indian Forest Service
20. Which State of India occupies the third position both in terms of the
population and the area ?
(A) Rajasthan (B) Bihar
(C) West Bengal (D) Maharashtra
21. The Rules Committee of the Rajya Sabha is Chaired by—
(A) The Leader of opposition in the Rajya Sabha
(B) The Vice-President of India
(C) The Minister of Parliamentary Affairs
(D) The Dy-Chairman of the Rajya Sabha
22. Which languages have been added to the 8th Schedule of the Constitution by
92nd Constitution (Amendment) Act, 2003 ?
(A) Bodo, Santhali, Andmani, Bhojpuri (B) Bodo, Santhali, Maithili, Andamani
(C) Bodo, Santhali, Maithili, Bhojpuri (D) Bodo, Santhali, Maithili, Dogri
23. According to the provisions of the Constitution, the administrative control
(posting, promotion, leave etc.) over the district courts and other subordinate
courts, shall be vested in the—
(A) Governor of the State (B) Council of Ministers
(C) High Court (D) Ministry of Justice
24. If a stay order has been granted by the High Court in a case, the
application of the affected party by such an order for the vacation of the stay
order shall be disposed of by the High Court within a period of—
(A) One week (B) Two weeks
(C) Three weeks (D) One month
25. Which Schedule of the Constitution makes special provisions for the
administration and control of Scheduled Areas and Scheduled Tribes ?
(A) Fifth Schedule (B) Sixth Schedule
(C) Ninth Schedule (D) Tenth Schedule
26. Which Schedule of the Constitution makes provisions for the administration
of Tribal Areas of Assam, Meghalaya, Tripura and Mizoram ?
(A) Third Schedule (B) Fourth Schedule
(C) Fifth Schedule (D) Sixth Schedule
27. Who of the following termed the Directive Principles as a Cheque Payable at
the convenience of the bank ?
(A) A.K. Iyer (B) H.N. Kunzru
(C) H.V. Kamath (D) K.T. Shah
28. Who actually makes use of the executive authority of the Union Government ?
(A) Parliament (B) The Prime Minister
(C) The President (D) The Council of Ministers
29. Who was the first person to become the Prime Minister of India without being
the member of the Lok Sabha ?
(A) Narsimha Rao (B) Rajeev Gandhi
(C) Indira Gandhi (D) H.D. Devegauda
30. The first minority government formed in India was headed by—
(A) Narsimha Rao (B) Morarji Desai
(C) V.P. Singh (D) H.D. Devegauda