1. Which Article of the Constitution abolishes un-touchability ?
(A) Article 42 (B) Article 15
(C) Article 14 (D) Article 17
2. Who is the chairman of the Planning Commission ?
(A) Prime Minister (B) President
(C) Home Minister (D) Minister of Planning
3. The Supreme Court of India. enunciated the doctrine of ‘Basic structure’ of
the Constitution in the—
(A) Golaknath case in 1967 (B) Sajjan Singh case in 1965
(C) Shakari Prasad case in 1951 (D) Keshvanand Bharati case in 1973
4. Under which Five Year Plans was the introduction of Pan-chayati Raj suggested
(A) First Five Year Plan (B) Second Five Year Plan
(C) Third Five Year Plan (D) Fourth Five Year Plan
5. The normal term of the Lok Sabha may be extended by—
(A) An Act passed by the Parliament (B) An Order of the Supreme Court
(C) An Order of the President of India (D) An Order of the Prime Minister of
6. Freedom of Speech under the Indian Constitution is subject to reasonable
restriction on the ground of protection of—
(A) Sovereignty and Integrity of the country (B) The dignity of the office of
the Prime Minister
(C) The dignity of Council of Ministers (D) The dignity of Constitutional
7. Which one of the following has enhanced its powers from dele-gated
(A) The Legislature (B) The Legislative Committee
(C) The Civil Service (D) The Council of Ministers
8. According to the Constitution of India, a new All India Service can be
instituted with initiative taken by—
(A) More than two-thirds of the States (B) The Inter-State Council
(C) The Lok Sabha (D) The Rajya Sabha
9. Which one of the following is not the means of enforcing responsibility upon
the Cabinet ?
(A) Questioning Ministers (B) Vote of censure
(C) Call Attention Motion (D) No-confidence Motion
10. The members of which one of the following standing committees are chosen
exclusively from the members of the Lok Sabha ?
(A) Public Accounts Committee (B) Committee on Public Undertakings
(C) Committee on Estimates (D) Committee on Delegated Legislation
11. Which one of the following is in the 7th Schedule of the Indian Constitution
(A) List of Languages
(B) Subjects in the Union, State and Concurrent List
(C) List of Oaths and affirmation
(D) Duties of the President and the Vice-President
12. What political alliance or party won the largest number of seats for Bihar
Assembly in the elections held in February 2005 ?
(A) Rashtriya Janata Dal (B) National Democratic Alliance
(C) Lok Jan Shakti (D) Indian National Congress
13. The Panchayati Raj is based on the Principle of—
(A) Decentralisation (B) Deconcentration
(C) Democratic Centralism (D) Democratic Decentralisation
14. Which one of the following is not an attribute of Local Self Government ?
(A) Statutory Status (B) General Purpose
(C) Power to raise Finances (D) Sovereignty
15. The Attorney General of India is removed by—
(A) The President
(B) The President on the resolution of Parliament passed by special majority
(C) The President on the recommendations of the Supreme Court
(D) The Prime Minister
16. Which of the following does not require voting in the House ?
(A) No-confidence Motion (B) Calling Attention Motion
(C) Censure Motion (D) Adjournment Motion
17. Given below are some of the Preventive Detention Acts and the years of their
enactment. Which pair is not correctly matched ?
(A) N.S.A.—1980 (B) COFEPOSA—1974
(C) TADA—1985 (D) MISA—1976
18. Which one of the following Chief Justices of India acted as the President of
India for the time being ?
(A) Justice H. Kania (B) Justice Bhagawati
(C) Justice M. Hidaytullah (D) Justice Gajendragadkar
19. Who was not a member of the Drafting Committee of the Constitution
throughout the full term of the Committee ?
(A) Alladi Krishnaswami Iyyer (B) K. M. Munsi (C) D. P. Khetan (D) Moh. Sadullah
20. The ‘Objective Resolution’ adopted by the Constituent Assembly on Jan. 22,
1947 was drafted by—
(A) Jawaharlal Nehru (B) Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
(C) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (D) B. N. Rau
21. In the elections for the Haryana Assembly held in 2009, the Indian National
Congress returned as the single largest party with—
(A) 40 seats (B) 54 seats (C) 81 seats (D) 59 seats
22. Which one of the following North-East States was the last to get the status
of a full-fledged State ?
(A) Mizoram (B) Manipur (C) Nagaland (D) Arunachal Pradesh
23. The Council of Ministers of the National Capital Territory of Delhi shall
consist of not more than—
(A) 10 Ministers
(B) 8 Ministers
(C) 10 per cent of the total members in the Legislative Assembly
(D) 10 per cent of the total members of the ruling party in the Legislative
24. District Judges in a State are appointed by the—
(A) Governor (B) Chief justice of High Court
(C) Council of Ministers of the State (D) Advocate General of the State
25. If the total membership of the Lok Sabha is 542 and 300 members are present
and voting on a resolution, how many minimum positive votes are required to pass
the resolution with special majority ?
(A) 362 (B) 151 (C) 200 (D) 272
26. If the total membership of the Rajya Sabha is 249 and 201 members are
present and voting on the impeachment motion to remove the President. How many
minimum positive votes are required to pass the motion ?
(A) 134 (B) 166 (C) 125 (D) 201
27. Which of the following Presidents held the office of the Speaker of the Lok
Sabha before occupying the office of the President ?
(A) Dr. Rajendra Prasad (B) V.V. Giri
(C) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy (D) Shankar Dayal Sharma
28. The Estimates Committee is Constituted—
(A) In the Lok Sabha only
(B) In the Rajya Sabha only
(C) In the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha both
(D) As a joint Committee of both Houses
29. Article 1 of the Constitution declares India to be the—
(A) Federation of States (B) Union of States
(C) Federal Union of States (D) Unitary Federation of States
30. The Corruption charges against the civil servants of central government are
probed by the—
(A) Cabinet Secretariat (B) Prime Minister’s Office
(C) Central Vigilance Commission (D) Consultative Committees of different