1. The share of road transport in total transport of the country is–
(A) 20% (B) 40% (C) 60% (D) 80%
2. Which organisation is meant to ensure exports from India ?
(A) EXIM Bank (B) ECGC
(C) Ministry of Commerce (D) None of the above
3. ‘World Investment Report’ is published by–
(A) World Bank (B) IMF
(C) UNCTAD (D) World Trade Organisation
4. ‘India Brand Equity Fund’ was established in–
(A) 1996 (B) 1997 (C) 1995 (D) 1992
5. Aam Admi Bima Yojana provides social security to–
(A) All labours in rural areas
(B) All landless labours living below poverty line in rural areas
(C) All labours in urban areas
(D) All labours in both rural as well as urban areas
6. Who was the Chairman of 12th Finance Commission ?
(A) C. Rangrajan (B) K. C. Pant
(C) Vijai Kelkar (D) Madhavan Ravindre
7. Which of the following year registered the maximum food-grain production ?
(A) 2012-13 (B) 2011-12
(C) 2010-11 (D) 2009-10
8. Nokia’s mobile handset business will be acquired by–
(A) Samsung (B) Microsoft
(C) Micromax (D) Java
9. MSP of Moong for the Khariff 2014-15 has been raised by–
(A) Rs. 50 / quintal (B) Rs. 75 / quintal
(C) Rs. 100 / quintal (D) Rs. 150/ quintal
10. Wages paid to Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme has
now been linked with–
(A) Wholesale Price Index
(B) Consumer Price Index for Agricultural Labour
(C) Consumer Price Index for Industrial Workers
(D) Food Inflation
11. Which of the following is not a financial regulator?
(A) IRDA (B) PFRDA (C) AMFI (D) SEBI
12. The newly introduced Indian rupee symbol is based on–
(A) Roman Script (B) Devnagari Script
(C) Both (A) and (B) (D) None of the above
13. Corporate Tax is imposed by–
(A) State Government (B) Local Government
(C) Central Government (D) Both Centre and State Government
14. What is true for SLR in Monetary Policy Review by RBI on August 5, 2014 ?
(A) Raised 25 bps (B) Raised 50 bps
(C) Curtailed 25 bps (D) Curtailed 50 bps
15. Which of the following quarter in 2013-14 registered the maximum GDP growth
(at market price at base year prices) ?
(A) Q1 (B) Q2 (C) Q3 (D) Q4
16. At present, the number of recognised Central Trade Unions is 12. Which of
the following trade union continues to be largest among all 12 trade unions?
(A) Hind Mazdoor Sabha (HMS)
(B) Bhartiya Mazdoor Sangh (BMS)
17. In broad sense the objective of Indian Planning is–
(A) To accelerate industrial production
(B) To increase national income
(C) To create and increase employment opportunities
(D) To ensure growth with justice
18. ‘Trust Card’ has been launched by an organisation to make consumer’s payment
more easier. The organisation is–
(A) Delhi Metro (B) ICERT
(C) BSNL (D) Bharti Airtel
19. ASSOCHAM has released its report on investment inflows among Indian states.
During 2013-14, which state got first rank in the list?
(A) Gujarat (B) Maharashtra (C) Andhra Pradesh (D) Karnataka
20. At end-December 2013, which of the following has the maximum Share in
India’s foreign debt?
(A) External Commercial Borrowings (B) NRI deposits
(C) Bilateral debt (D) Multilateral debt
21. Who recommended the merger of RRBs in their respective Sponsor Banks?
(A) Narsimham Committee
(B) C. Rangrajan Ex-Governor of RBI
(C) Agriculture Credit Appraisal Committee in 1989 headed by Prof. A.M. Khusro
(D) None of the above
22. SEBI is a–
(A) Statutory body (C) Constitutional body
(B) Advisory body (D) Non-statutory body
23. As per RBI’s Monetary Policy Review on August 5, 2014, the SLR is–
(A) 24% (B) 23.5% (C) 23% (D) 22%
24. How much per cent of the collected tariff is given to postman (known as
Gramin Dak Sewak) as commission in Gramin San-char Sewak Yojana ?
(A) 10% (B) 15% (C) 20% (D) 25%
25. Who was the census commissioner for the census 2011 ?
(A) C. Chandramauli (B) G .K. Pillai
(C) I. Harinarayan (D) I. S. Sharma
26. ‘Pratibha Kiran Yojana’ is a new scheme to promote higher education among
girls introduced by–
(A) Karnataka (B) Bihar
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Uttar Pradesh
27. Videsh Sanchar Nigam Ltd. has been renamed as–
(A) Tata Communication Ltd.
(B) Reliance Communication Ltd.
(C) Air Bharti Communication Ltd.
(D) None of the above
28. How many company’s shares have been included in Bombay Stock Market’s new
share named as BSE Power Index?
(A) 10 (B) 12 (C) 14 (D) 16
29. As per final data of Census 2011, the ratio of rural and urban population in
country’s total population stood at–
(A) 65.2% and 34.8% respectively (B) 68.8% and 31.2% respectively
(C) 72.2% and 27.8% respectively (D) 75.2% and 24.8% respectively
30. As per 2011 census data, the literacy rate in India stood at–
(A) 66.4% (B) 68.9% (C) 73.0% (D) 74.2%