1. During 2012-13, the agriculture growth and industrial growth in first revised
estimates of CSO stood at–
(A) 1.2% and 1.4% respectively (B) 1.4% and 1.2% respectively
(C) –1.2% and 2.4% respectively (D) 4.7% and (–) 0.1 % respectively
2. CSO in its provisional estimates for the year 2013-14 estimated the GDP
growth rate at current prices to be–
(A) 10.6% (B) 11.5% (C) 12.7% (D) 12.9%
3. Mistry Committee in its final report had recommended full capital account
(A) 2008 end (B) 2009 end
(C) 2010 end (D) 2011 end
4. Which committee recommended tax on Agriculture Holdings?
(A) Bhootlingam Committee (B) Wanchoo Committee
(C) Raj Committee (D) None of the above
5. Which year is called the “year of the great divide” in the history of
population growth in India?
(A) 1951 (B) 1991 (C) 2001 (D) 1921
6. SBI (Subsidiary Banks Laws) Amendment Bill passed by the Parliament allows
SBI to reduce its holding in its seven subsidiary banks from–
(A) 100 to 75% (B) 75 to 50%
(C) 75% or more to 51% (D) 75% or more to 49%
7. Which of the following mobile service provider holds the maximum share in the
(A) Reliance (B) Vodafone
(C) BSNL (D) Airtel
8. The main security guard of International Trade is–
(A) IMF (B) World Bank
(C) WTO (D) IFC
9. Which of the following committee has submitted its report on Railway’s
(A) Anil Kakodkar Committee (B) Sam Pitroda Committee
(C) E. Sridharan Committee (D) None of the above
10. SDR is the currency of IMF which is in the form of–
(A) Paper currency (B) Gold
(C) Silver and gold both (D) Book-keeping entry only
11. Operation Flood Programme was introduced in–
(A) 1951 (B) 1970 (C) 1975 (D) 1985
12. Which of the following country firstly introduced plastic notes in
(A) Britain (B) USA (C) Australia (D) Germany
13. What was the field of Sunderajan Committee?
(A) Petroleum (B) Small Industry (C) Education (D) Power
14. SENSEX is related with the value of a few selected companies. The number of
(A) 300 (B) 150 (C) 100 (D) 30
15. What is green gold?
(A) Green Algae (B) Tendu Patra
(C) Horticulture Products (D) Green Manure
16. In which year and by whom Ashray Bima Yojana was launched?
(A) 2000, LIC (B) 2001, GIC
(C) 2001, LIC (D) 2000, GIC
17. Which of the following organisation releases “Doing Business Report” every
(A) IMF (B) WTO (C) UNCTAD (D) World Bank
18. Which measure comes under quantitative credit controls adopted by Central
Bank of the Country ?
(A) Bank Rate (B) Open Market Operations
(C) Cash Reserve Ratio (D) All of the above
19. Who wrote the famous book “Global Crisis Recession and Uneven Recovery” on
various issues of global recession ?
(A) C. Rangrajan (B) Montek Singh Ahluwaliah
(C) Arnritya Sen (D) Y. B. Reddy
20. For banks it has been made mandatory to print IFSC and MICR code on the
passbook of the customers. IPSC stands for–
(A) Indian Financial System Code
(B) Indian Financial Structure Code
(C) Internet Financial System Code
(D) International Financial System Code
21. Index ‘Residex’ is associated with–
(A) Share Prices (B) Mutual Fund Prices
(C) Price Inflation Index (D) Land Prices
22. Jawaharlal Nehru National Solar Mission or Solar India has been launched to
create an installed capacity of 20000 MW by the end of–
(A) 11th plan (B) 12th plan
(C) 13th plan (D) 14th plan
23. ‘Aam Admi Bima Yojana’ is an insurance scheme for rural land-less households
(A) National Insurance Co.
(B) Life Insurance Corporation of India
(D) ICICI Life Prudential Co.
24. Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) has decided to set
up private pension funds for salaried and non-salaried people w.e.f.–
(A) April 1, 2009 (B) June 1, 2009
(C) January 2010 (D) Date not yet decided
25. In the doing Business Report 2014 of the World Bank, India has been placed
(A) 110th rank (B) 118th rank (C) 126th rank (D) 134th rank
26. Who gave the call for ‘Evergreen Revolution’ ?
(A) M. S. Swaminathan (B) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
(C) Dr. Manmohan Singh (D) M. S. Ahluwalia
27. On the lines of Amul in Gujarat, which of the following State has come
forward to bring a ‘White Revolution’ in the State?
(A) Himachal Pradesh (B) Punjab
(C) Uttarakhand (D) Uttar Pradesh
28. India ranks .in Global Competitiveness Index 2014-15.
(A) 71st (B) 65th (C) 60th (D) 57th
29. Upto which financial year, 13th Finance Commission has recommended to bring
‘Revenue Deficit’ to zero level?
(A) 2011-12 (B) 2012-13 (C) 2013-14 (D) 2014-15
30. In the new IIP series with base 2004-05, the number of item groups in the
manufacturing sector has gone up from–
(A) 473 to 520 (B) 473 to 620
(C) 507 to 620 (D) 538 to 638