1. When was the SAARC established?
(A) On December 8, 1984 (B) On January 1, 1984
(C) On December 8, 1985 (D) On January 1, 1985
2. As per provisional estimates of CSO, during 2013-14, the GDP growth stood at–
(A) 4.4% (B) 4.8% (C) 4.7% (D) 5.0%
3. SEBI was established in–
(A) 1993 (B) 1992 (C) 1988 (D) 1990
4. The working of SEBI includes–
(A) To regulate the dealings of share market
(B) To check the foul dealings in share market
(C) To control the inside trading of shares
(D) All of these
5. Recently government allowed FDI in multibrand retail and capped at–
(A) 27% (B) 49%
(C) 51% (D) 74%
6. Oil Refinery at Bhatinda is being established by–
(A) IOC (B) HPCL
(C) Reliance (D) BPCL
7. Rajeev Gandhi Scheme for Empowerment of Adolescent Girls named as ‘Sabla’
includes the girls of the age group–
(A) 9 to 12 years (B) 10 to 15 years
(C) 11 to 18 years (D) 15 to 18 years
8. Tele-density in India at end-June 2014 has been estimated to be–
(A) 73.32 (B) 73.69 (C) 75.80 (D) 79.80
9. Which place India holds in milk production ?
(A) Fourth (B) Third (C) Second (D) First
10. The new Director-General of WTO Mr. Roberto Azevedo belongs to–
(A) Brazil (B) France (C) Thailand (D) New Zealand
11. IRBI - Industrial Reconstruction Bank of India was established in–
(A) 1975 (B) 1985 (C) 1990 (D) 1992
12. RBI has modified the validity period of issued cheques and bank drafts w.e.f.
April 1,2012. The revised validity period is–
(A) 4 months (B) 3 months
(C) Retained at 6 months (D) No time limit
13. Which Foreign Bank has the highest number of branches in India?
(A) Citi Bank (B) Royal Bank of Scotland
(C) Standard Chartered Bank (D) HSBC
14. Which types of tax helps in reducing disparities of income?
(A) Proportionate tax (B) Progressive tax
(C) Regressive tax (D) All of the above
15. According to RBI Act 1976, the authorised capital of Regional Rural Banks
was Rs. 5 crore. An Amendment Bill has been introduced in Parliament for raising
(A) Rs. 50 crore (B) Rs. 100 crore
(C) Rs. 200 crore (D) Rs. 500 crore
16. Indian rupee has got its symbol as ‘Rs.’. This symbol has been designed by–
(A) D. Udai Kumar (B) D. Kumar Raju
(C) Udai D. Raj (D) D. Udai Reddy
17. Which country is the largest wheat producing country of the world?
(A) India (B) China (C) America (D) Switzerland
18. According to the report of World Bank, during the year 2013. India received
foreign exchange remittances worth–
(A) $ 46 billion (B) $ 58 billion
(C) $ 70 billion (D) $ 79 billion
19. Who is the newly appointed Managing Director and CEO of MCX-SX?
(A) Srikant Javlekar (B) Saurabh Sarkar
(C) U.K. Sinha (D) Prateep Chowdhary
20. As per the new guidelines issued by SEBI, companies are required to list
shares within how many days of the closure of the Initial Public Offers (IPOs) ?
(A) 12 days (B) 15 days (C) 21 days (D) 30 days
21. Which sector has the maximum weights in Industrial Production Index?
(A) Manufacturing (B) Mining
(C) Electricity (D) Agriculture
22. National Agriculture Policy aims the growth rate–
(A) Above 4% p.a. (B) Above 3% p.a.
(C) Above 2.5% p.a. (D) Above 5% p.a.
23. RBI has divested its 71.5% share in NABARD to the government which reduces
RBI’s holding in NABARD to–
(A) Only one per cent (B) Only five per cent
(C) Only 7.5 per cent (D) Only 10 per cent
24. New National Youth Policy 2014 includes the youth between the age group of–
(A) 14-30 years (B) 15-29 years
(C) 15-35 years (D) 15-25 years
25. ‘SAPTA’ is related to–
(A) Education (B) Trade (C) Security (D) Environment
26. National Income estimates in India is prepared by–
(A) Planning Commission (B) RBI
(C) Finance Ministry (D) C.S.O.
27. To promote new talents and their innovation tendencies, government has
decided to create an ‘innovation fund’ with–
(A) Rs. 4,000 crore (B) Rs. 5,000 crore
(C) Rs. 7,500 crore (D) Rs. 10,000 crore
28. Which of the following is not an international credit rating agency?
(A) Standard & Poor (B) CRISIL
(C) Moodys (D) Goldman Sachs
29. Which of the following is not sponsorer of newly established UTI-II?
(A) Punjab National Bank
(B) General Insurance Corporation
(C) Life Insurance Corporation of India
(D) State Bank of India
30. Govt. of India has given approval to set up ‘Bhartiya Mahila Bank’ with the
seed capital of–
(A) Rs. 250 crore (B) Rs. 500 crore
(C) Rs. 1,000 crore (D) Rs. 2,000 crore