1. As per Economic Survey 2013-14, the gross domestic savings rate during
2012-13 has been estimated at–
(A) 30.1% (B) 31.3% (C) 33.7% (D) 36.8%
2. Which of the following has become the first Regional Rural Bank issuing debit
card in the country ?
(A) Punjab Gramin Bank
(B) Nainital/Almora RRB
(C) Kashi Gomti Sanyukta Gramin Bank
(D) Barodo RRB
3. CAPART is related with–
(A) Assisting and evaluating rural welfare programmes
(B) Computer hardware
(C) Consultant service of export promotion
(D) Controlling pollution in big industries
4. Note issuing deptt. of RBI should always possess the minimum gold stock of
(A) Rs. 85 crore (B) Rs. 115 crore
(C) Rs. 200 crore (D) None of these
5. Interest Rate Policy is a part of–
(A) Fiscal Policy (B) Industrial Policy
(C) Monetary Policy (D) None of the above
6. The basis of determining dear-ness allowance to employees in India is–
(A) National Income (B) Consumer Price Index
(C) Standard of Living (D) Per Capita Income
7. SJSRY belongs to–
(A) Urban areas (B) Rural areas
(C) Semi-urban areas (D) All of the above
8. What is ‘Hawala’ ?
(A) Full details of a subject
(B) Illegal transactions of foreign exchange
(C) Illegal trading of shares
(D) Tax evasion
9. Which of the following public sector enterprize does not possess Maharatna
Status given to four Navratna companies?
(A) SAIL (B) BHEL (C) ONGC (D) NTPC
10. Census 2011 data show that ...... per cent of the girls in 2011 were those
who did not contribute to any economic activity (termed as non-workers by
(A) 25 (B) 40 (C) 60 (D) 75
11. As per provisional estimates of CSO for 2013-14, agriculture and allied
sector growth has been placed at–
(A) – 0.2% (B) 2.1 % (C) 3.0% (D) 4.7%
12. Which states have not yet established any RRB ?
(A) Sikkim and Goa (B) Bihar and Rajasthan
(C) Sikkim and Arunachal Pradesh (D) Nagaland
13. Croatia w.e.f. July 2013 joined European Union as–
(A) 26th member (B) 27th member
(C) 28th member (D) 29th member
14. Which of the first subsidiary bank of SBI was merged with State Bank of
(A) State Bank of Indore (B) State Bank of Patiala
(C) State Bank of Hyderabad (D) State Bank of Saurashtra
15. Newly inaugurated helpline ‘Udyami’ is to assist–
(A) Micro, Small and Medium enterprises
(B) Large capital industries
(C) Only female entrepreneur
(D) Farmers introducing technology in farming
16. On which one of the following ‘Head of Expenses’, the expenses of the Govt.
of India are highest?
(A) Food Subsidy (B) Oil Subsidy
(C) Fertiliser Subsidy (D) POL Subsidy
17. Durgapur Steel Plant was constructed with the assistance given by–
(A) Britain (B) France (C) USA (D) Germany
18. During the year 2013-14, the Current Account Deficit (CAD) in Indian economy
has been estimated at–
(A) 4.7% of GDP (B) 4.0% of GDP
(C) 2.7% of GDP (D) 1.7% of GDP
19. Which year was declared as Year of Passenger Service with a smile by the
Ministry of Railway?
(A) 2003-04 (B) 2004-05 (C) 2005-06 (D) 2006-07
20. The density of population (i.e., persons/sq km) in Census 2011 stood at–
(A) 359 (B) 368 (C) 372 (D) 382
21. Which state produces maximum rice in the country ?
(A) West Bengal (B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Maharashtra
22. Which States produces maximum pulses in the country ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Rajasthan (D) Maharashtra
23. The new software application Sandesh Pathak has been developed for–
(A) Media (B) Farmers (C) Tourists (D) Blinds
24. Nachiket Mor committee has submitted its recommendations which are related
(A) Insider Trading (B) Financial Inclusion
(C) Micro Financing (D) None of the above
25. During the year 2013, India has overtaken Japan in crude oil Import and
became the. largest crude oil importing country in the world.
(A) First (B) Second (C) Third (D) Fourth
26. Meera Seth Committee was related to–
(A) Development of Handlooms (B) Sex-differentiation in employment
(C) Abolition of Child Labour (D) Welfare of Working Women
27. How many public sector companies have been included in ‘CPSEETF’ ?
(A) 5 (B) 7 (C) 10 (D) 12
28. According to World Economic Outlook Update of IMF, India is likely to
register an economic growth rate of ..... per cent during the financial year
(A) 4.4% (B) 4.6% (C) 4.8% (D) 5.0%
29. Which of the following sectors has been estimated to have the negative
growth rate during 2013-14 ?
(C) Electricity, gas and water supply
(D) None of the above
30. In Union Budget 2014-15, the Effective Revenue Deficit for 2014-15 has been
(A) 2.1% of GDP (B) 1.6% of GDP
(C) 1.2% of GDP (D) 0.8% of GDP