1. Which city has been identified as the hottest (i.e., first ranking)
outsourcing destination in the world ?
(A) Bangalore (India) (B) Dublin (Ireland)
(C) Makati City (The Philippines) (D) Tokyo (Japan)
2. SAARC University will have its head office in—
(A) Dhaka (Bangladesh) (B) New Delhi (India)
(C) Colombo (Sri Lanka) (D) Male (Maldives)
3. The largest source of National Income in India is—
(A) Service Sector (B) Agriculture
(C) Industrial Sector (D) Trade Sector
4. ‘Public Sector’ means—
(A) Government ownership on commerce and trade
(B) Capitalist ownership on commerce and trade
(C) Private ownership on trade
(D) None of these
5. RBI was nationalised in—
(A) 1959 (B) 1947 (C) 1945 (D) 1949
6. CONCORD of 8 states of Northern region is a scheme of—
(A) FICCI (B) ASSOCHAM
(C) CII (D) A joint scheme of all the above
7. The government is preparing Devolution Index which will measure social
empowerment of people at the—
(A) Panchayat level (B) Block level
(C) District level (D) State level
8. Which committee was constituted for reforms in tax-structure ?
(A) Narsimham Committee (B) Chelliah Committee
(C) Gadgil Committee (D) Kelkar Committee
9. Plan expenditure in India is met by—
(A) Internal debt and other resources
(B) Assistance from Aid India Club
(C) Assistance from IMF
(D) Assistance from OECD countries
10. National Income in India is estimated by—
(A) Planning Commission
(B) Finance Commission
(C) Indian Statistical Institute
(D) Central Statistical Organisation
11. Which is a credit rating agency in India ?
(A) CRISIL (B) CARE (C) ICRA (D) All of these
(A) Evaluates the credit documents of a company
(B) Provides financial assistance to industries
(C) Provides finances for rural areas
(D) Promotes exports
13. When did the start SJSRY scheme?
(A) December 31, 1999
(B) December 1, 1996
(C) December 1, 1997
(D) December 1, 1999
14. Which of the following country has been named as the biggest emitter of
carbon dioxide (CO2) in the world ?
(A) India (B) China (C) US (D) France
15. World Environment Day is celebrated on—
(A) June 5 (B) June 9
(C) June 11 (D) June 13
16. Which is true for Finance Commission ?
(A) It is a statutory body
(B) It is constituted under article 280 of the Constitution
(C) Dr. C. Rangrajan is Chairman of 12th Finance Commission
(D) All of these
17. Shankerlal Guru Committee was associated with—
(A) Agricultural Marketing
(B) Agriculture Production
(C) Public Distribution System
(D) None of these
18. What portion of earth in India is covered with forests ?
(A) 1/5 (B) 1/4 (C) 1/3 (D) 2/5
19. First Export Promotion Zone (EPZ) in private sector was established at—
(A) Kandla (B) Vishakhapatanam (C) Noida (D) Surat
20. In India those farmers are called ‘Marginal Farmers’ who hold the land upto—
(A) 1 hectare (B) 2 hectare (C) 3 hectare (D) 4 hectare
21. Which country stands first in Maize production ?
(A) India (B) China (C) America (D) Russia
22. Who is not the member of National Development Council ?
(A) Governors of the State
(B) Chief Ministers of the State
(C) Administrators of Union Territory
(D) All ministers of Union Cabinet
23. Bhandari Committee was related to—
(A) The entry of private units in telecommunication sector
(B) The reorganisation of Railway Zones
(C) The reconstruction of RRB
(D) The reforms in oil sector
24. What is Green Gold ?
(A) Tea (B) Coffee
(C) Gold (D) Rice
25. Which state stands first in the length of roads in the country ?
(A) Maharashtra (B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Rajasthan
26. What is open sky scheme ?
(A) Export promotion scheme of Civil Aviation Ministry
(B) Free economy policy
(C) Tax free policy
(D) None of these
27. Which state has maximum branches of public sector commercial banks ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Maharashtra (C) Karnataka (D) Gujarat
28. In which plan phase of heavy industrialisation was initiated ?
(A) Fourth (B) Third (C) Second (D) First
29. ‘Croma’ retail series is associated with—
(A) Tata Group (B) Hinduja Group
(C) Reliance Group (D) Mittal Group
30. Which of the following group has so far acquired the maximum number of
Ultra Mega Power Projects (UMPP) ?
(A) Tata Group (B) J. P. Hydro
(C) Reliance Power (D) Power Grid Corporation