1. NABARD was established on the recommendation of—
(A) Public Account Committee (B) Shivaraman Committee
(C) Narsimham Committee (D) None of these
2. VAT is imposed—
(A) Directly on consumer
(B) On final stage of production
(C) On first stage of production
(D) On all stages between production and final sale
3. The establishment of IORARC (Indian Ocean Rim Association for Regional
Cooperation) was officially declared on—
(A) March 5, 1996 (B) March 5, 1997
(C) April 1, 1997 (D) August 15, 1947
4. Inside Trading is related to—
(A) Share Market (B) Horse racing
(C) Taxation (D) Public Expenditure
5. After merger of Air India and Indian Airlines, the new entity is now known
(A) India Airlines (B) Air India (C) Indian (D) Indian Airways
6. Dalal Street is situated at—
(A) London (B) Paris (C) Mumbai (D) New Delhi
7. What is ‘Stagflation’ ?
(A) Inflation with growth (B) Deflation with growth
(C) Inflation after deflations (D) Inflation with depression
8. Which Indian plan ensured high growth rate as compared with targeted growth
(A) Fifth Plan (B) Fourth Plan (C) Second Plan (D) Eighth Plan
9. Which day is celebrated as ‘National Excise Duty Day’ ?
(A) 26th January (B) 24th February
(C) 14th April (D) 10th June
10. Lahiri Committee was associated with—
(A) Industrial Sickness
(B) Minimum Support Prices of Agriculture Products
(C) Price Structure of Edible Oil
(D) Handicraft Exports
11. World Bank has approved the second tranche to the poverty project of—
(A) Gujarat (B) Madhya Pradesh (C) Bihar (D) Rajasthan
12. National Development Council was constituted in—
(A) 1945 (B) 1948 (C) 1952 (D) 1965
13. Health Insurance Business is associated with—
(A) LIC (B) UTI (C) GIC (D) State Trading Corporation
14. DWCRA is now merged in—
(A) JRY (B) SJSRY (C) TRYSEM (D) SGSY
15. Which country is the largest oil producing country of the world ?
(A) Saudi Arabia (B) Russia
(C) America (D) None of these
16. Which of the following took the decision of establishing ‘South Asian
Development Fund’ ?
(A) ADB (B) World Bank
(C) SAARC (D) IMF
17. India is not a member of—
(A) G-15 (B) UNO (C) ASEAN (D) Commonwealth
18. Which of the following is not a member of SAARC ?
(A) Nepal (B) Pakistan (C) Bangladesh (D) Myanmar
19. Under new GATT agreements, textile trade related to Multi- Fibre
Arrangement (MFA) has to be abolished within—
(A) 5 years (B) 10 years (C) 15 years (D) 20 years
20. Which country is the largest wheat producing country of the world ?
(A) India (B) China (C) America (D) Switzerland
21. In which crop India stands first in the world ?
(A) Wheat (B) Rice (C) Sugarcane (D) Cotton
22. As per unemployment survey made by NSSO, which religion shows the highest
Work Population Ratio (WPR) among men in rural areas ?
(A) Hindu (B) Muslim
(C) Christians (D) All above religions show equal WPR
23. Which goods is not imported in India ?
(A) Iron ore (B) Petroleum
(C) Cotton (D) Machinery
24. Asian Development Fund was created by—
(A) Asian Development Bank
(B) World Bank
25. Kasturba Gandhi Education Scheme is related to—
(A) Girl education (B) Adult education
(C) Child Labour education (D) Tribal women (above 18 years)
26. Indian Railways earn the maximum revenue from—
(A) Passenger fare (B) Freight
(C) Traffic tax (D) Passenger tax
27. According to the latest statistics released by International Tea Committee,
the largest tea producer country in the world is—
(A) India (B) Kenya (C) China (D) Indonesia
28. Which neighbour country has objections on Indian Baglihar Hydroelectric
(A) Nepal (B) Bhutan (C) Bangladesh (D) Pakistan
29. Which day is observed as World Habitat Day ?
(A) September 15 (B) September 30
(C) October 1 (D) October 30
30. Which of the rate is not determined by Reserve Bank of India ?
(A) Bank Rate (B) CRR (C) SLR (D) PLR