1. CENVAT is related to—
(A) Sales Tax (B) Excise Duty (C) Custom Duty (D) Service Tax
2. Targeted power capacity addition for 11th plan period is—
(A) 41110 MW (B) 66463 MW (C) 68963 MW (D) 86283 MW
3. Pradhanmantri Bharat Jodo Pariyojana is related to—
(A) Communication (B) Social Integration
(C) Linking of Rivers (D) Development of Highways
4. ‘India Brand Equity Fund’ was established in—
(A) 1996 (B) 1997 (C) 1995 (D) 1992
5. Index ‘Residex’ is associated with—
(A) Share Prices (B) Mutual Fund Prices
(C) Price Inflation Index (D) Land Prices
6. The outlines of second five year plan was made by—
(A) B. N. Gadgil (B) VKRV Rao
(C) P. C. Mahalanobis (D) C. N. Vakil
7. SJSRY belongs to—
(A) Urban areas (B) Rural areas
(C) Semi-urban areas (D) All of these
8. What is ‘Hawala’ ?
(A) Full details of a subject
(B) Illegal transactions of foreign exchange
(C) Illegal trading of shares
(D) Tax evasion
9. The First ‘Garib Rath’ has been flagged off between—
(A) Delhi—Patna (B) Delhi—Chennai
(C) Delhi—Mumbai (D) Amritsar—Saharsa
10. ‘Big Digital TV DTH’ is the new broadcasting service of DTH launched by—
(A) Sahara Group (B) M117ukesh Ambani Group
(C) Anil Ambani Group (D) Bharti Airtel Group
11. I-phone is associated with—
(A) Nokia (B) Reliance (C) BSNL (D) Apple Ink
12. Project ‘Sankalp’ is associated with the elimination of—
(A) Illiteracy (B) Polio (C) Unemployment (D) AIDS/HIV
13. India Development Bond was issued in 1991-92 by—
(A) SBI (B) RBI (C) UTI (D) NHB
14. 20 rupee and above value notes are printed in—
(A) Currency Note Press, Nasik Road
(B) Bank Note Press, Dewas
(C) Security Printing Press, Hyderabad
(D) All of these
15. Which of the subsidiary bank of SBI has been merged with State Bank of
(A) State Bank of Indore (B) State Bank of Patiala
(C) State Bank of Hyderabad (D) State Bank of Saurashtra
16. Indian Banks have the maximum foreign branches in—
(A) Bangladesh (B) U.K.
(C) USA (D) Sri Lanka
17. What is debt ?
(A) Stock-flow Hypothesis
(B) Flow Hypothesis
(C) Stock Hypothesis
(D) None of these
18. Which Union Territory is the most dense populated region of the country ?
(C) Andman-Nicobar Islands
19. Agriculture Price Commission and Indian Food Corporation were constituted
(A) 1960 (B) 1965 (C) 1966 (D) 1969
20. Which is the ‘Great division year’ in the history of population growth in
(A) 1951 (B) 1991 (C) 2001 (D) 1921
21. Which factor among the following creates obstacle in measuring correct
estimate of national income ?
(A) Existence of non-monetised sector (B) Low rate of savings
(C) Under employment (D) Inflation
22. Which of the following is the highest export-oriented handicrafts (in value
terms) in Indian exports ?
(A) Gem and ornaments (B) Leather goods
(C) Brass goods (D) Ivory goods
23. On the basis of GDP, which economy is the largest economy in the world ?
(A) USA (B) Britain
(C) Japan (D) China
24. Which plan has been extended upto both rural and urban areas ?
(A) Prime Ministers Employment Scheme
(B) Jawahar Rojgar Yojana
(C) Nehru Rojgar Yojana
(D) None of these
25. Which state produces maximum Soyabean ?
(A) Madhya Pradesh (B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Bihar (D) Rajasthan
26. Which state produces maximum rice in the country ?
(A) West Bengal (B) Uttar Pradesh
(C) Madhya Pradesh (D) Maharashtra
27. The weighage of core sector (Energy, Steel and Cement) in IIP (Index of
Industrial Production) is—
(A) 26•70% (B) 16•70% (C) 10•17% (D) 9•80%
28. Government has launched E– Passport Scheme. The first E– Passport was
(A) Dr. Manmohan Singh (B) Mr. Pranab Mukherjee
(C) Mrs. Pratibha Patil (D) Mr. Somnath Chaterjee
29. Government has extended Mid Day Meal Scheme to cover the students upto
(A) 6th (B) 7th (C) 8th (D) 10th
30. In which city, the maximum foreign companies are registered ?
(A) Bangalore (B) New Delhi
(C) Gurgaon (D) Mumbai