1. Pradhanmantri Bharat Jodo Pariyojna is related to—
(A) Communication (B) Social Integration
(C) Linking of Rivers (D) Development of Highways
2. ‘Sagarmala’ is a name associated with—
(A) A drilling vessel (B) A project of port development
(C) Oil well in Indian Ocean (D) None of the above
3. Which of the following is a better measure of economic development ?
(A) Employment (B) Size of exports
(C) Rural consumption (D) National Income
4. Which bank in India performs duties of Central Bank ?
(A) Central Bank of India (B) State Bank of India
(C) Reserve Bank of India (D) Above (A) and (B)
5. Oil Refinery at Bhatinda is being established by—
(A) IOC (B) HPCL (C) Reliance (D) BPCL
6. BCCI is—
(A) An International Terrorist Organisation
(B) An International Industrial Organisation
(C) A Movement for International Peace
(D) An International Banking Organisation
7. Which of the following committee has recently submitted its recommendations
on financial sector reforms ?
(A) Rajan Committee (B) Narsimham Committee
(C) Damodaran Committee (D) Kelkar Committee
8. Under Prime Minister’s Integrated Urban Poverty Eradication Programme (PMIUPEP)
those urban areas were included which had a population—
(A) Upto 50,000 (B) Between 50,000 and 1 Lakh
(C) Between 50,000 to 5 Lakh (D) None of these
9. Indian Planning Commission was constituted in—
(A) 1948 (B) 1949 (C) 1950 (D) 1951
10. VDIS–1997 became operative between—
(A) 1.4.97 to 31.12.97
(B) 1.4.97 to 31.3.98
(C) 1.7.97 to 31.3.98
(D) 1.7.97 to 31.12.97
11. What is a ‘limited company’ ?
(A) In which shareholders possess the ownership limited to their paid up capital
(B) In which shares are issued
(C) A company of Government ownership
(D) A Registered company
12. The headquarters of RBI is in—
(A) Delhi (B) Kanpur (C) Mumbai (D) Nasik
13. Narsimham committee recommended to make banking structure of the country—
(A) Two tier (B) Three tier (C) Four tier (D) Five tier
14. ‘Canfina’ is associated with—
(A) Canara Bank (B) SBI
(C) National Housing Bank (D) Standard Chartered Bank
15. For which type of fertilizer India is fully dependent on imports ?
(A) Nitrogen Fertilizer (B) Phosphetic Fertilizer
(C) Potash Fertilizer (D) None of these
16. Which fertilizer is mostly consumed in India ?
(A) N (B) P (C) K (D) All are used in equal ratio
17. Rolling Plan was made for the period—
(A) 1971 to 1978 (B) 1980 to 1985
(C) 1978 to 1983 (D) 1992 to 1997
18. The maximum number of Foreign Institutional Investors registered with SEBI
(A) USA (B) England (C) Germany (D) Japan
19. To which country India exports the maximum gems and ornaments in value
(A) USA (B) Britain (C) Russia (D) Japan
20. Which State gives the maximum production of milk in India ?
(A) Haryana (B) Punjab (C) Rajasthan (D) Uttar Pradesh
21. What is OPEC ?
(A) The latest space shuttle of USA
(B) The latest space drive of Russia
(C) Organisation of oil producing companies of India
(D) Organisation of oil exporting countries
22. Which state ensures highest production of Potato in the country ?
(A) Uttar Pradesh (B) Punjab
(C) Haryana (D) Maharashtra
23. Government has released a document signifying the road map of
Socio-economic development of North-East States. This document is known as—
(A) vision 2020 (B) vision 2015
(C) vision 2012 (D) vision 2010
24. Which of the following is not part of World Bank Group ?
(A) IBRD (B) IFC
(C) IDA (D) ADB
25. According to the latest amendment in Banking Regulation Act, nationalised
bank can release a share of total paid up capital upto a maximum ceiling of—
(A) 40% (B) 49%
(C) 51% (D) 100%
26. The work population ratio among men in urban areas has been estimated
highest at 56% for the religion—
(A) Hindu (B) Muslim
(C) Christians (D) Hindu and Muslim both
27. Index ‘Residex’ is associated with—
(A) Share Prices (B) Mutual Fund Prices
(C) Price Inflation Index (D) Land Prices
28. Price Stabilisation Fund-PSF is being established for four products. Which
of the following is not in these four?
(A) Cotton (B) Tea (C) Rubber (D) Tobacco
29. India’s National Hydroelectric Power Corporation is establishing ‘Tamarthi
Power Project’ in—
(A) Bangladesh (B) Bhutan (C) Myanmar (D) Nepal
30. Who gave the call for ‘Evergreen Revolution’ ?
(A) M. S. Swaminathan (B) A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
(C) Dr. Manmohan Singh (D) M. S. Ahluwalia