1. Aung San Suu Kyi is a native to–
(A) Tibet (B) China
(C) Myanmar (D) Arunachal Pradesh
2. Non Resident Indians (NRI) Day is marked on–
(A) January 7 (B) January 9
(C) January 17 (D) January 19
3. First Hindu-American to enter in the US House of Representative as senator
(A) Tulsi Gabbard (B) Sunita Williams
(C) Jyoti Sengupta (D) Ami Bera
4. Yingluck Shinawatra the first woman Prime Minister of–
(A) Myanmar (B) South Korea
(C) North Korea (D) Thailand
5. The Lokayukta of which of the following States had submitted a report on
illegal mining of iron ore in the State?
(A) Andhra Pradesh (B) Tamil Nadu
(C) Karnataka (D) Odisha
6. Some of the rock-cut temples, known as the seven pagodas, were built by the–
(A) Pallavas (B) Cholas
(C) Rashtrakutas (D) None of these
7. Fixed deposits and recurring deposits are–
(A) repayable after an agreed period. (B) repayable on demand.
(C) not repayable. (D) repayable after death of depositors.
8. Who won the Wimbledon 2011 men’s singles tide ?
(A) Novak Djokovic (B) Roger Federer
(C) Rafael Nadal (D) Andy Roddick
9. Which one of the following is the fastest Indian Supercomputer developed by ISRO ?
(A) Aakash-A1 (B) Saga-220
(C) Jaguar-Cray (D) Tianhe-lA
10. In February 2011, which of the following countries has elected Mr. Thein
Sein, a military general- turned-civilian leader, as its first President ?
(A) Malaysia (B) Costa Rica
(C) Thailand (D) Myanmar
11. Which one of the following vitamins is necessary for blood clotting?
(A) Vitamin A (B) Vitamin D
(C) Vitamin K (D) Vitamin C
12. Tactile hair is found in the body of–
(A) Reptiles (B) Birds
(C) Insects (D) Mammals
13. The source of energy m the Sun is–
(A) radioactivity (B) electrical energy
(C) nuclear fission (D) nuclear fusion
14. Which one of the following materials is used as controller in a nuclear
reactor power generator–
(A) Graphite (B) Heavy water
(C) Cadmium (D) Beryllium
15. Banking of curves on road or railway track is done to provide–
(A) gravitational force (B) angular velocity
(C) centripetal force (D) centrifugal force
16. Alta Vista is a/an–
(A) browser (B) search engine
(C) application (D) software
17. The international awards given by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and
Sciences located in Beverly Hills, California (USA) for excellence in the field
of cinema are popularly known as–
(A) IIFA Awards (B) Oscars
(C) BAFTA Awards (D) Grammys
18. The material used for safety from nuclear radiation is–
(A) Gold (B) Lead
(C) Copper (D) Platinum
19. The filament of the electric bulb is generally made of tungsten because–
(A) its melting paint is low. (B) its temperature coefficient of resistance is
(C) its resistivity is low. (D) its melting point is high.
20. The apex organisation for marketing cooperative societies at national level
(A) NCCF (B) NCD
(C) FCI (D) NAFED