1. Which of the following is an impact printer?
(A) Daisy wheel printer (B) Ink-jet printer
(C) Bubble-jet printer (D) Laser printer
2. Identify the odd term amongst the following group–
(A) Coaxial cable (B) Optical fibre
(C) Twisted pair wire (D) Microwaves
3. Soil profile refers to arrangement within a soil of–
(A) its vertical layers (B) its inclined layers
(C) its horizontal layers (D) group of soil grains
4. Ethanol containing 5% water is known as–
(A) Absolute alcohol (B) Dilute alcohol
(C) Power alcohol (D) Rectified spirit
5. Service Marketing is the same as–
(A) Internet Marketing (B) Telemarketing
(C) Internal Marketing (D) Relationship Marketing
6. Innovation in marketing is same as–
(A) Motivation (B) Perspiration
(C) Aspiration (D) Creativity
7. Personal Loans can be canvassed among–
(A) Salaried persons (B) Pensioners
(C) Foreign Nationals (D) NRI customers
8. Which of the following countries conferred its Highest State Honour on Late
Mrs. Indira Gandhi for her contribution in its ‘Liberation war’?
(A) South Sudan (B) Bangladesh
(C) Bhutan (D) Slovakia
9. In which one of the following Latin American countries, a woman has for the
first time won the presidential elections for the second term ?
(A) Brazil (B) Venezuela
(C) Uruguay (D) Argentina
10. The minor planets revolving between the orbits of Jupiter and Mars are
(A) Asteroids (B) Comets
(C) Meteors (D) Novas
11. Which of the following world famous events is/are held to mark the Onam
festivities in Kerala?
(A) Snake Boat race (B) Bull race
(C) Cock fights (D) All these
12. The best colours for a Sun umbrella will be–
(A) black on top and red on inside. (B) black on top and white on inside.
(C) red on top and black on inside. (D) white on top and black on inside.
13. Diarchy in the provinces was introduced through the–
(A) Government of India Act, 1919 (B) Government of India Act, 1935
(C) Indian Councils Act, 1861 (D) Indian Councils Act, 1892
14. Which of the following is the world’s largest desert?
(A) The Great Australian Desert (B) Arabian Desert
(C) Gobi (D) Sahara
15. The rate of erosion in a stream is lowest where–
(A) the river joins the sea (B) depth is greater
(C) breadth is greater (D) velocity is more
16. The name ‘Sahyadri’ is related to–
(A) A rain-bearing wind (B) Himalayan Peak
(C) Western Ghats (D) Cyclone hazards
17. People die in an atmosphere of carbon dioxide because–
(A) of want of oxygen (B) of suffocation
(C) it is a poisonous gas (D) it destroys tissues
18. ‘Genes’ are made up of–
(A) Only RNA (B) Only DNA
(C) DNA, RNA and Protein (D) DNA and RNA
19. The Lotus plants have no root hairs because–
(A) the conducting tissue is not well-developed in roots. (B) it can store water
in the stem.
(C) the roots are adventitious. (D) it need not absorb water by roots.
20. The organism living at the bottom of water mass is called–
(A) Benthos (B) Plankton
(C) Nekton (D) Neuston