1. Who was the Viceroy at the time of Quit India Movement?
(A) Lord Irwin (B) Lord Mountbatten
(C) Lord Wavell (D) Lord Linlithgow
2. Who was the other Congress leader who joined with Motilal Nehru to start the
Swaraj Party in 1923 ?
(A) G. K. Gokhale (B) B. G. Tilak
(C) Chittaranjan Das (D) M. K. Gandhi
3. What is the first sermon of Buddha called as ?
(A) Mahaparinirvansutta (B) Brahmajalasutta
(C) Dhammachakkapabattanasutta (D) Kachchayanagottasutta
4. Who wrote the book “Why Socialism” ?
(A) Jayaprakash Narayan (B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Acharya Narendra Dev (D) M .N. Roy
5. An online discussion group that allows direct “live” communication is known
(A) Webcrawler (B) chat group
(C) regional service provider (D) hyperlink
6. Which of the following is a program that uses a variety of different
approaches to identify and eliminate spam ?
(A) Directory search (B) Anti-spam program
(C) Web server (D) Web storefront creation package
7. Which of the following is a programming language for creating special
programs like applets ?
(A) Java (B) cable
(C) domain name (D) Net
8. Which of the following was used as a chemical weapon in the First World War?
(A) Mustard gas (B) Water gas
(C) Hydrogen cyanide (D) Carbon monoxide
9. The basis of European Union began with the signing of–
(A) Maastricht Treaty (B) Treaty of Paris
(C) Treaty of Rome (D) Treaty of Lisbon
10. The soil formed by wind dust in and around hot deserts is called–
(A) silty soil (B) loamy soil
(C) sandy soil (D) loess soil
11. Who was chosen unanimously as the President of India ?
(A) K. R. Narayanan (B) Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
(C) Dr. S. Radhakrishnan (D) Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
12. The Constitution of India was passed by the Constituent Assembly on–
(A) 26th November, 1949 (B) 26th January, 1949
(C) 17th October, 1949 (D) 14th November, 1949
13. The power to decide an election petition is vested in the–
(A) High Court (B) Election Commission
(C) Parliament (D) Supreme Court
14. The 1857 Mutiny failed mainly because–
(A) of lack of planning and leadership (B) it was premature
(C) the British got French support (D) the British numbered more.
15. The Story of ‘My Experiments with Truth’ is the autobiography of–
(A) Bal Gangadhar Tilak (B) Mahatma Gandhi
(C) Lala Lajpat Rai (D) Gopal Krishna Gokhale
16. In India, National Income estimates are prepared by–
(A) National Development Council (B) Central Statistical Organisation
(C) National Sample Survey Organisation (D) Planning Commission
17. Employment in Agriculture comes under–
(A) Services Sector (B) Semi-organised Sector
(C) Organised Sector (D) Unorganised Sector
18. Which of the following methods is effective in controlling Balance of
(A) Abolition of Export Duties (B) Tourism Development
(C) Devaluation (D) Foreign Direct Investment
19. Provisions relating to Panchayati Raj can be found in which Schedule of the
Indian Constitution ?
(A) 10 (B) 11
(C) 7 (D) 9
20. The first battle of Panipat took place in the year–
(A) 1527 A.D. (B) 1528 A.D.
(C) 1525 A.D. (D) 1526 A.D.