1. What does the letter ‘S’ denote in ‘AFSPA’ and abbreviation we very often see
in newspapers ?
(A) Slow (B) Special (C) State (D) Solid (E) Sovereign
2. Mr. A. K. Antony a Union Minister in the Indian Cabinet recently signed an
agreement with South Korea. This means the agreement is for the cooperation in
the field of–
(A) Agriculture (B) Rural Development (C) Defence (D) Steel and Iron (E) None of these
3. Recently the term 3G was very much in newspaper even a conference on it was
organised in India. What is the letter ‘G’ denotes in 3G ?
(A) Grade (B) Group (C) Global (D) Guild (E) Generation
4. What is financial inclusion ?
(A) To provide a permanent employment to the unemployed
(B) To provide a 100 days job to all those who are in need of a job
(C) To provide banking services to all those living in remote areas
(D) To ensure that all financial transactions amounting ` 5,000 and above are
(E) To provide finances for all
5. Which of the following correctly explains Reverse Merger ?
(A) It is the acquisition of a private company by a public company
(B) It is also known as Special Takeover
(C) The privately traded corporation is called a ‘‘shell’’
(D) It involves the reorganization of capitalization of the acquiring company
(E) All of the above
6. What is the minimum period for which a fixed deposit can be opened in India ?
(A) 3 days (B) 7 days (C) 15 days (D) 30 days (E) 60 days
7. The chief regulator of commodity exchanges in India is–
(A) Securities and Exchange Board of India (B) Reserve Bank of India
(C) Competition Commission of India (D) Forward Markets Commission
(E) Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution
8. Which of the following does not constitute an asset on the Balance sheet of a
(A) Cash (B) Amounts receivable (C) Tools and equipment (D) Capital stock (E) All of these
9. The Malegam Committee was in the news recently. With which of the following
is this committee associated?
(A) Know Your Customer Rules (B) Microfinance (C) Targeted Public Distribution system
(D) Direct Benefit Transfer (E) Regulation of self-funded charitable trusts
10. What is the present Statutory Liquidity Ratio for banks in India?
(A) 12 per cent (B) 17.5 per cent (C) 23 per cent (D) 26 per cent (E) 33 per cent
11. Which of the following highway networks of India connects Delhi, Mumbai,
Kolkata and Chennai?
(A) Metro Expressway (B) Golden Quadrilateral (C) Diamond Triangle
(D) Golden Crescent (E) NH 11
12. Which of the following is not correct regarding the Systemically Important
Non-deposit taking NBFCs (NBFC-ND-SIs)?
(A) They came into being in the wake of the recent global recession
(B) NBFCs with assets of Rs. 100 crore and above are being classified as
(C) Prudential regulations are applicable to them
(D) It was created in 2006
(E) None of these
13. Which of the following meetings took place in Davos in January 2011 ?
(A) World Trade Organisation (B) World Economic Forum
(C) G-8 (D) G-20 (E) BRIC Summit
14. Which of the following document (s) is/are considered as officially valid
document to satisfy KYC norms for opening a Bank account ?
(1) Passport (2) PAN (3) Aadhar number issued by Unique Identification Authority of India
(A) Only (A) (B) Only (B) (C) Only (A) & (B)
(D) All (A), (B) & (C) (E) Only (B) & (C)
15. As per the reports in some international financial newspapers which of the
following countries lended more money to others than the World Bank ?
(A) USA (B) Russia (C) China (D) UK (E) Australia
16. According to the recent Economic Survey 2010-11, tabled in the Lok Sabha,
economic growth in the next fiscal has been projected at over which of the
following levels ?
(A) 8% (B) 9% (C) 7.5% (D) 7% (E) None of these
17. Which one of the following acts was passed recently to undo the ‘‘historic
injustice done to tribals and other forest dwellers in India’’ ?
(A) Forest Rights Act (B) Right to Education Act (C) Human Rights Act
(D) Civil Rights Act (E) Forestry Development Act
18. Who is Dr. Subir Gokarn ?
(A) Chairman, SEBI (B) Chairman, SBI (C) Deputy Governor, RBI
(D) Member, Planning Commission (E) None of these
19. With which one of the following companies, the Cairn India has signed a deal
(A) ONGC (B) Devon Energy (C) Imperial Oil (D) Vedenta (E) Hindustan Petroleum
20. Who is Dr. Narendra Jadhav ?
(A) Chief Statistician, GOI (B) Chief Economist, GOI (C) Member, Planning Commission of India
(D) Economic Advisor to Government of India (E) None of these
21. State Financial Corporations give assistance mainly to develop which of the
(A) Small and medium scale industries (B) Agricultural sector (C) Cotton industry
(D) Large scale industries (E) Coal mines
22. Which of the following terms is used in Banking?
(A) Epicenter (B) Pascal’s Law (C) Currency (D) Centre of Gravity (E) Latitude
23. Several Public Sector organizations like ONGC, SAIL and NTPC received ‘Scope
Award’. The award, is given for which of the following?
(A) Earning the highest profit amongst all PSUs
(B) For creating the maximum number of jobs in a year
(C) For donating the maximum amount in Pradhan Mantri Rahat Kosh in a year
(D) For cutting down expenditure by 50% or more in a year to wipe out losses
made in the previous year
(E) Best Corporate Governance
24. As we all know some new initiatives were introduced in the area of Fiscal
Management by the government of India. Which of the following Acts was passed a
few years back to keep a check on the fiscal indiscipline on macroeconomic
(A) FRBMA (B) FERA (C) FEMA (D) Public Debt Act (E) Banking Regulation Act
25. Head Office of which of the following banks is in Mumbai?
(A) Punjab National Bank (B) Bank of India (C) UCO Bank
(D) Corporation Bank (E) Syndicate Bank
26. The Kumbha Mela takes place in which of the following cities in Maharashtra?
(A) Solapur (B) Shirdi (C) Ratnagiri (D) Pandharpur (E) Nashik
27. Which scheme is an effort to improve medical services in Rural India?
(A) IRDP (B) SEWA (C) Bharat Nirman (D) Kutir Jyoti (E) ASHA
28. Which of the following is the name of the game not included in Olympics?
(A) Kabaddi (B) Table Tennis (C) Rifle Shooting (D) 100 metre Race (E) Swimming
29. Who among the following is a famous player and has represented India in many
national/ international events ?
(A) Chetan Bhagat (B) Saina Nehwal (C) Dinesh Trivedi (D) Aamir Khan (E) Priyanka Chopra
30. Currency notes of which of the following denominations are not in
circulation in India ?
(A) Rs. 20 (B) Rs. 50 (C) Rs. 500 (D) Rs. 1,000 (E) Rs. 20,000
31. Nabam Tuki is the present Chief Minister of–
(A) Tripura (B) Meghalaya (C) Manipur (D) Arunachal Pradesh (E) None of these
32. Which of the following does not represent the abbreviated name of an
international organisation ?
(A) CAG (B) G-20 (C) OPEC (D) SAARC (E) ASEAN
33. Which of the following Departments of the Govt. of India is helping banks in
disbursement of rural credit by the bank ?
(A) Railways (B) State Road Transports (C) Post and Telegraph (D) Ministry of Health (E) None of these
34. Which of the following organization/agencies has established a fund known as
“ investor production fund” ?
(A) SEBI (B) NABARD (C) Bombay stock exchange (D) AMFI (E) None of these
35. Who amongst the following is the Head of the RBI at present ?
(A) Mr. M.V. Kamath (B) Dr. Raghuram Rajan (C) Mr. N.R. Narayanmurthy
(D) Mr. O.P. Bhatt (E) None of these
36. Mjority of rural people still prefer to go to which of the following for
their credit needs ?
(A) Money lenders (B) Foreign Bankers (C) NABARD (D) RBI (E) None of these
37. Which of the following countries is NOT elected by the UN general assembly
on the non-payment seats of UN security council w.e.f. January 2008?
(A) Libya (B) Vietnam (C) Croatia (D) Costa Rica (E) Pakistan
38. The Govt. of India put a ban on export of which of the following commodities
at the price below the price of the same in domestic market ?
(A) Steel (B) Chemical Fertilizer (C) Pharma Products
(D) Electronic Goods (E) None of these
39. India Launched which of the following Satellites in October 2014 ?
(A) EDUSAT (B) MATSAT (C) CROSAT-IIB (D) PSLV-C26 (E) None of these
40. As per the recent agreement between India and one of other country the India
Rupee can be easily swapped with–
(A) Tak (B) Rial (C) Kyat (D) Yen (E) Rubbel